Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam's Wheel

5 posters

Go down

Adam's Wheel Empty Adam's Wheel

Post  MrStationHouse Sat 14 Apr 2012, 5:57 pm

I have just picked up my first rear wheel which was painted by Adam Meredith, some might think it is cheating, but what a paint Job!

Adam's Wheel DSCN0580

Adam's Wheel DSCN0582

Adam's Wheel DSCN0583

I had some special rivets made with offset heads to allow the second red ring as the ones supplied extended over the edge of the T Ring.

Adam's Wheel Photo2

This is the front wheel which was finished some months ago.

Adam's Wheel Photo3

Best wishes
Simon

MrStationHouse

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Adam's Wheel Empty Re: Adam's Wheel

Post  Robfishman Sat 14 Apr 2012, 6:51 pm

Stunning, a really great job. I'm waiting for the final rear wheel before I top coat and line mine. Have started the front end and putting a single line along the centre of each of the leaf springs is quite a challenge.

It looks like the wheel has been varnished, or is it just the reflection of the light on the paint work?

Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MrStationHouse Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:39 pm

You are quite right he has varnished it. It does make all the difference to the final finish, as to longevity we will have to see.

A line on each of the springs, that is a challenge

Simon

MrStationHouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasback Thu 07 Jun 2012, 7:32 am

Hi Simon,

I am having a good look through the photo section as I have not done it for a while, hence my posts all over the forum today, I do like your wheels. I had mine done by a paint shop and what a great job they did; I could not have done the finish they did. The first thing people do is look at your wheels and then the rest of the engine, so having good wheels is important in my view. The problem I found is that when you paint you will compare your finish to the the wheels and end up rubbing down to do it again.

Maybe what we should do is upload a single picture to a STW gallery page so we can have a good look at all the engines being done. It's a great way to see what is happening and to get great ideas on colours etc (most of my ideas on the engine were not my own Embarassed).

Flasback

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  MrStationHouse Thu 07 Jun 2012, 1:11 pm

What a good idea.

Simon

MrStationHouse

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:43 pm

Flasback wrote:Hi Simon,

I am having a good look through the photo section as I have not done it for a while, hence my posts all over the forum today, I do like your wheels. I had mine done by a paint shop and what a great job they did; I could not have done the finish they did. The first thing people do is look at your wheels and then the rest of the engine, so having good wheels is important in my view. The problem I found is that when you paint you will compare your finish to the the wheels and end up rubbing down to do it again.

Maybe what we should do is upload a single picture to a STW gallery page so we can have a good look at all the engines being done. It's a great way to see what is happening and to get great ideas on colours etc (most of my ideas on the engine were not my own Embarassed).

Photo threads already do that?
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasback Thu 07 Jun 2012, 4:02 pm

okay, lets set up a thread then where you can say put two pictures of your engine so it acts like a shop window of engines done so far, any more than two and you might as well go to your own photo threads which is not the purpose of the new thread. I will have to ask Brian to put my engine up but I am sure the rest of the STW community would not mind doing it as the engines are a credit to all.

I don't think we can nick the gallery section not unless Craig lets us.

Dwain

Flasback

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:45 pm

didn't know we had a gallery section !?!?!? Shocked

the photo thread is a good idea, we used to do it on the mini forum. you post up a couple of good pics and keep the words to a minimum. as your model progresses you can change the pics to your latest ones. it gives a nice quick reference photo topic that's a lot better to scan through.

someone start one up in the "owners photos" section an i will "pin" it to the top of the forum (means it always stays at the top of the list Wink )
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down