Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Showman's Engine - future plans?

2 posters

Go down

Showman's Engine - future plans? Empty Showman's Engine - future plans?

Post  MikeyMike Sat 18 Oct 2008, 12:37 pm

Hi,

Over the last few years I have drooled over several build sites on a daily basis (Burrell Builder, Britannia Builder to name just two) but sadly have never been in a position money-wise to fully commit to buying one myself.

I was just browsing some web pages and discovered an article from a few years back stating that Modelworks were planning a 4" Burrell Showman's Engine for 2003/4. I was just wondering if once you've got settled.....next year, or the year after.....such an engine would be offered as we would be very interested.

I realise you have 1,000,001 things to think about and do at the moment but the future is important to us all! Congrats with the new company.

Regards,

Mike.

MikeyMike

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Showman's Engine - future plans? Empty Re: Showman's Engine - future plans?

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 30 Oct 2008, 7:09 pm

Hi Mike,

Sorry about not replying. We've had no internet or email facility since the 20th Oct thanks to BT cutting us off by mistake when they swapped our alarm system to Redcare. Amazing they can cut you off in two seconds but take two weeks to put it back on!!!!!! Mad We are currently accessing the emails and forum from home after work and initially read your post late in the evening and then forgot to reply next morning before leaving for the factory.

I'm not certain whether we intend to do a Showmans or not is the honest answer. We both believe it would be very popular from the interest point of view, however, it would be a very expensive engine, manufacture and retail price wise and turning potential interest into orders is the difficult part.

If 30 - 50 people came throwing deposits at us then i'm sure we make one.

Regards

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Showman's Engine - future plans? Empty Showman's engine

Post  MikeyMike Tue 23 Dec 2008, 12:50 am

Hi Dean,

Many thanks for the reply.

This is only my personal view but I'm sure you would have no problems gaining 30 orders+ for such an engine if it were realistically offered. I see you are offering a couple of lorry type "things" for the future.....I'm sure there are people who would love these but they certainly don't float my boat if you get my meaning Wink . I was disappointed to see them listed to be honest. If you want 30-50 orders for a model why not go for something spine-tingling rather than a vehicle that excites the minority? (Maybe I'm totally wrong!)

Me and my pop were literally seconds away from ordering the Duchess from Modelworks (like the Showman's engine, there are some steam locos that almost bring tears to the eyes - just like the new Peppercorn A1, why didn't they build a crumby little shunter) but due to the obvious concerns at the time we held back. Your outfit now seems great and the personal nature with which it's run instills much confidence.....another reason we held back was the constant hounded of modelworks that BritanniaBuilder had to do, which we follow avidly.

Let me know if you have any ideas about releasing a Showman's engine and I'll give you a definite yes/no with regards a deposit. Actually I'm amazed that the thing holding you back is the suspected lack of interest....honestly, I think you are way off there! Either way I would like to play a part in what is obviously a passionately-run business, but as it stands there is nothing for me to order.

Have a great Christmas and hope you have a superb 2009.....there's plenty people around with cash despite the scaremongering on the 24 hour news. There will be a bigger story along soon I reckon.

Best regards,

Mike.

MikeyMike

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Showman's Engine - future plans? Empty Re: Showman's Engine - future plans?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down