Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benefit of kit build models

2 posters

Go down

Benefit of kit build models Empty Benefit of kit build models

Post  Watts&Son Fri 29 Jul 2011, 8:01 pm

My son and I took our Burrell to Netley Marsh steam rally. We had a problem with the engine, the valve rod broke, it parted where the rod is threaded into the valve guide, half way up the thread. I phoned STW on Tuesday to see if I could get a replacement. I recieved the new rod on Thursday! We have a lathe and can usually get by with repair but making a new valve rod with a left hand thread is beyond us. Occasionally. I have had negative comments about kit build models, mostly from people who build their own engines, which is fine if you have years to make it and the workshop facilities. Our engine would have been off the road for weeks instead of days. So thank you STW for your brilliant service.

Watts&Son

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Benefit of kit build models Empty kit benefits

Post  Tony King Fri 29 Jul 2011, 8:55 pm

I have to totally agree, whenever I have had a problem with a part of the engine, one phone call & the replacement part is here two days later!! (Only because it takes at least two days to get anything here in the middle of the Highlands!!)
Tony

Tony King

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Benefit of kit build models Empty kit benefits

Post  Watts&Son Fri 29 Jul 2011, 9:38 pm

Hi Tony, We are building the road loco. Trying to find the time to progress, we have 2 kits untouched but we are hoping to catch up soon. I'm afraid work is getting in the way. We are trying to paint parts as we put them together. How are you progressing?

Watts&Son

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Benefit of kit build models Empty Re: Benefit of kit build models

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down