Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

foden hornplate and ashpan kits

2 posters

Go down

foden hornplate and ashpan kits Empty foden hornplate and ashpan kits

Post  craig@STW Sat 22 May 2010, 8:34 pm

to avoid the situation of having no kit to dispatch this month we have prepared these two kits. 95% of the parts for these kits were in stock and we only had to machine a handful of parts and order some bearings to get these kits ready.

but they couldn't go out the door without the control model going together first. this was my job over the last couple of days.

the horn-plates went on the boiler an the whole thing dropped into our chassis with very little effort. even the bearing were in line without any messing about.

the ash-pan went on next and again only minor tweaks needed doing.

so here's our control model now. you can see some parts from kit 7 "test fitted". we are still working on this kit as and when our showman's commitments are finished.

foden hornplate and ashpan kits Ddd013-1

foden hornplate and ashpan kits Ddd019-1

foden hornplate and ashpan kits Ddd018-1

foden hornplate and ashpan kits Ddd017-1
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

foden hornplate and ashpan kits Empty Horn Plates Kit

Post  atomenter Sat 22 May 2010, 9:47 pm

Hi Craig
I got the hornplates kit (kit 09) yesterday - along with the boiler cradle. Any ideas when the boiler and the ash pan kit will be dispatched? I was going to phone on Monday to check.
Control model looks good - can't wait to get the steering so that it is easier to move around!!

Regards

Tom A
atomenter
atomenter

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

foden hornplate and ashpan kits Empty Re: foden hornplate and ashpan kits

Post  craig@STW Sat 22 May 2010, 10:11 pm

hello Tom,

the boilers are ready to go (and some have) and the ash-pan kits will be ready in a few days. with the boilers i think it's just a case of making the relevant payments. i have no knowledge of your current payment situation so cant comment. i would agree that you should contact the office on Monday and talk to Isabel. she will be able to answer your question.

with the ash-pan kits, again if you want to pay for it then it will be sent out. we don't want to send out too many kits in a row because some people may not have the funds, but if you want them, you can have them when they are ready.

i think the only other kit that we could send out from stock are the roofs, so again, if you want one just ask.

the foden is a funny situation. everyone seems to be at different stages and needing different things as we have a few ex modelworks customers with us still.

most of the steering parts are now done, but kit 7 is being delayed by the new water tanks. we have loads of c-type tanks in stock but have not made the new type before. the honest truth is, the laser cutting people have been busy with the showmans stuff so the tanks have been delayed with alternative kits coming mainly from stock.

i quite enjoyed working on the control model for once, i actually took the two kit boxes straight from the packing area so kinda got the full experience. the fitting of parts has lead to some adjustments on the fire box door and this is all that needs doing to complete the kit. Very Happy

craig
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  atomenter Sat 22 May 2010, 11:40 pm

Hi Craig
Thanks for the update, will speak to Isabell soonest. Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming - I think the control models whets the appetite and is good to see.

Regards

Tom
atomenter
atomenter

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down