Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie looking for completed STW 4" engine with record of history etc

3 posters

Go down

Newbie looking for completed STW 4" engine with record of history etc  Empty Newbie looking for completed STW 4" engine with record of history etc

Post  Mayor1000 Fri 20 Oct 2023, 10:36 am

Hello. I'm looking for a second hand STW 4" engine, probably a Burrell. I am not a trained engineer and my local boiler inspector has recommended that I look for an STW model since spare parts are relatively easy to obtain. I'm located in Cornwall, and a member of the West of England Society, but travelling a reasonable distance to find the right example is only to be expected when one lives so far west. Paperwork and history of the engine will be essential. Any help is welcome. Steven Horne

Mayor1000

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2023-10-20

Back to top Go down

Newbie looking for completed STW 4" engine with record of history etc  Empty Re: Newbie looking for completed STW 4" engine with record of history etc

Post  Simon C Sat 21 Oct 2023, 8:53 am

Mayor1000 wrote:Hello. I'm looking for a second hand STW 4" engine, probably a Burrell.
Steven Horne

Hi Steve
Have you looked at the dealers such as,
Berrybrook steam
Stationroad steam
Legacy vehicles

Berrybrook have 3 STW engines at the moment all different types.

Did you have a preference as to what you want ?
I Have a roller that I would let go if the price was right as it hasnt been in steam since its test earlier this year.

It also might be worth getting in touch with STW as they may know of something coming up for sale.
Hope this helps and good luck in finding what you are looking for.

Simon C
Simon C
Simon C

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2017-07-07

Back to top Go down

Newbie looking for completed STW 4" engine with record of history etc  Empty Re: Newbie looking for completed STW 4" engine with record of history etc

Post  Mayor1000 Sat 21 Oct 2023, 10:48 am

Hi Simon
Many thanks for your advice. I do regularly check both Legacy Vehicles and Berrybrook. My preference would be LV but they are a long way  from me and therefore all boxes have to be ticked before making the trip. I have some reservations about Berrybrook based on other people’s experience and I don’t have sufficient knowledge to be confident of my judgement about an engine they might be selling. The miniature owners in my local society (WESES) don’t seem to get together socially so it’s very difficult to benefit from their experiences. If you want to let me know more about your roller including your expectations on price please contact me. I’m not allowed to post my email address until I’ve been a member of this forum for st least 7 days so I’ll reply further next weekend if I don’t hear from you. Thanks again

Mayor1000

Back to top Go down

Post  Goliewogs Wed 25 Oct 2023, 8:14 pm

Hi Steve, I live in Northern France but very handy to the ferries!! I just so happen to have a brand new 4 » agricultural Burrell!! It have steamed it about 4 times only but for severe health problems I will not be steaming her any more! If I interested contact me further and I can give you lots more details !! Contact me on
gregory.powell@wanadoo.fr. Grég Powell

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayor1000 Thu 26 Oct 2023, 4:36 pm

Hi Greg. Could you email me more information including builder details, build date etc if you have photographs that would also be helpful. And asking price of course. This forum doesn’t seem to let me post an email address but I’ll contact the administrator and ask if that restriction can be lifted.

Mayor1000

Goliewogs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Goliewogs Thu 26 Oct 2023, 4:47 pm

Hi Mayor1000!
I’ve already posted a lot more information regarding my Burrell! Please email me on gregory.powell@wanadoo.fr and I’ll forward all details! It was completed by myself last year 2022 and steams well! I also have run it on compressed air! I’m looking for £17000 for it. Buyer collects - nice few days in France !
Regards
Grég

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down