Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kit 21 - Water pump, check valves, pipes and fittings.

3 posters

Go down

Kit 21 - Water pump, check valves, pipes and fittings. Empty Kit 21 - Water pump, check valves, pipes and fittings.

Post  milford59 Thu 23 Jun 2022, 6:31 pm

I’ll get this thread off and running with a picture of all of the bits and pieces.  I see mention of “check valves” and I think that’s what everyone calls “clack valves”….. I don’t know why , but I am sure there is a logical explanation. There are a few things that you need to be careful of in this kit…. Getting the steel ball in the pump so that it rattles, but still can be sucked into it’s seat. (I had to file down the fitting a bit, otherwise when screwing it in tightly, it pressed the ball down too much) Also, the screws need to be done accurately in the check valves, so that you have the right amount of ball movement (and don’t forget to mark them once you have done it, so that the correct one goes for the pump and the other for the injector)

Kit 21 - Water pump, check valves, pipes and fittings. 79783710

milford59

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2019-05-19

Back to top Go down

Kit 21 - Water pump, check valves, pipes and fittings. Empty 3 holes in rear spec plate

Post  milford59 Thu 23 Jun 2022, 6:34 pm

Can someone please tell me what these 3 holes are for in the rear spec plate. I can’t see in any of the pictures that I have looked at. Thanks !!

Kit 21 - Water pump, check valves, pipes and fittings. D7db6810

milford59

Back to top Go down

Kit 21 - Water pump, check valves, pipes and fittings. Empty Re: Kit 21 - Water pump, check valves, pipes and fittings.

Post  elwood-59 Thu 23 Jun 2022, 7:45 pm

Hi,

the instructions of my DCC state that on real engines those holes would be used to attach the rear spectacle plate to the boiler. On our miniatures that’s not needed nor practical, I guess. So just install some dummy bolts to simulate.

Cheers

Elwood
elwood-59
elwood-59

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2014-12-17

Back to top Go down

Kit 21 - Water pump, check valves, pipes and fittings. Empty Re: Kit 21 - Water pump, check valves, pipes and fittings.

Post  milford59 Thu 23 Jun 2022, 8:59 pm

elwood-59 wrote:Hi,

the instructions of my DCC state that on real engines those holes would be used to attach the rear spectacle plate to the boiler. On our miniatures that’s not needed nor practical, I guess. So just install some dummy bolts to simulate.

Cheers

Elwood

Thanks very much for that info Elwood.

milford59

Back to top Go down

Post  milford59 Sat 21 Jan 2023, 6:08 pm

I now have the main copper pipes fitted. It took me some time but I think it’s looking ok - I hope I won’t have any leaks !!  Next job is to fit the pressure gauge and the other bits and pieces of pipework on the rear spec plate.

Kit 21 - Water pump, check valves, pipes and fittings. 4dd6ae10
Kit 21 - Water pump, check valves, pipes and fittings. E26f8510

milford59

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Wed 25 Jan 2023, 8:33 pm

Nice work

milford59 wrote: - I hope I won’t have any leaks !!

Err its a steam engine ...........they leak lol!

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Mark the spark, milford59 and Stephen Cosford like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down