Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2" driving wagon

2 posters

Go down

2" driving wagon  Empty 2" driving wagon

Post  Mark building a burrell Sun 13 Sep 2020, 1:49 pm

2" driving wagon  20200914
2" driving wagon  20200913
2" driving wagon  20200912

Mark building a burrell

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2018-11-20

Will@STW and Nigncoz like this post

Back to top Go down

2" driving wagon  Empty Re: 2" driving wagon

Post  IanR Fri 09 Oct 2020, 2:41 pm

Hi Mark,

Looks really great. I'm still painting my tank before final fitting. Have you plumbed your tank in yet? I couldn't put mine that far back with the length of pipe supplied. Have put put a longer pipe between the tank and valve?

IanR

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark building a burrell Fri 09 Oct 2020, 5:26 pm

Hi there I gave them a call and they sent me a longer piece of pipe

Mark building a burrell

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2018-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  IanR Tue 17 Nov 2020, 9:30 pm

When I tried riding behind my engine on the wagon a while back I found my feet kept fouling with the engines rear wheels and also my weight was too far forward causing the back of the wagon to lift up, This then caused the front of the engine to lift up. Loosing all control over the steering. After a couple of very near misses with neighbours parked cars I had to call it a day as it was far too scary!

The other day in the workshop after permanently fixing the tank I tried sitting on it. Without the footrests fitted I tried lifting my feet up and lent quite far forward. The back didn't lift up. That got me thinking. The problem isn't so much the position of the seat but with the footrests forward. When you lean forward you transfer weight forward onto your feet. So I tried an experiment. Reversing the footrests so they point backwards. You then sit on it with your feet slightly behind you a bit like riding a horse. I've found the seating position fairly comfortable and with the engine coupled up I can easily lean forward to reach the controls without the wagon tipping. I haven't had a chance to actually run the engine like this as the weather hasn't been great. But I'm fairly hopeful this could be a solution to both the problem of feet hitting the wheels and the wagon tipping.

2" driving wagon  Y4mgMZfc3Yy56rX05Et9_ZQbz7lvw7rfWhog6kKK_TItRRi94bIq1OCGggRkLRuz2pDStJm16vu2nDFkhCwQVhWcxDiFxrZswsvat2-vwduSZyTgwJ_8LyLR5gc5-4jx144WO7_BKor-y9QaM6swVAjf5CLSe0R4bYyjpms7rLicppzNIU-Z5cyuL_9el_O1Gu_?width=660&height=495&cropmode=none

IanR

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-10-16

LiveSteam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down