Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4" Burrell

+3
Steam Traction World
highpressure
owls-4-ever
7 posters

Go down

4" Burrell Empty 4" Burrell

Post  owls-4-ever Wed 18 Jun 2008, 2:52 pm

Just like to wish Steve and Dean all the best in their attempt to
launch ' Steam Traction World '.

I am currently working on kit 7 of the 4" Burrell and have in
my possesion kits 8 and 9, so enough to keep me going for
the time being.

I didn't start untill Feb. so I just wondered if anyone had received
any further kits.

owls-4-ever

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

4" Burrell Empty Burrell 4" possible time scales

Post  highpressure Wed 18 Jun 2008, 8:41 pm

I wish every success to this venture as hopefully it will secure an engine for each of us at it conclusion, are there any time scales in mind to give hope for us waiting as to when we might see kits beginning again if the takeover is successful?
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

4" Burrell Empty Re: 4" Burrell

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 19 Jun 2008, 7:47 am

Hi Highpressure,

Until a buy out is successful it is almost impossible to give a time scale. All i can really say is that in the background Steve and I are working tirelessly and should things go our way there are lots of things already in place to make any further delays as minimal as possible.

Best Regards

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Thu 19 Jun 2008, 4:24 pm

Hi Dean

Thanks for the prompt reply and I suppose it was what i expected you to say given the circumstances. What I was hoping to hear was that you would hope to get some? kits out before Xmas say so that at least we would hope to resume building this year. Obviously I dont now expect to get in steam for next season but light at the end of the tunnel gives focus so to speak. In the meantime I do relise that you have a long struggle on your hands.

Regards highpressure
highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

4" Burrell Empty Burrell Deliveries

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 19 Jun 2008, 4:44 pm

Hi All,

Please remember that at the moment we do not have a trading business, we have no machines, no premices, no staff, no materials and no stock! In fact, all we have at the moment is an 'under construction' web site, a great deal of hope and ambition and fairly hefty bank overdrafts. Before last weekend, discussions with the Administarators and the ex MW Chairmen were going well. We even had hopes that we could start 'cutting metal' at the beginning of July. This weeks progress has not been anywhere near as good and a July start looks ambitious. Things are very volatile at the moment. We're due to meet again on Monday and who knows, hopefully thing will take a turn for the better.

If things aren't being despatched well before Christmas then Dean and would have no alternative but to have found a 'proper job' by then!!!! All I can promise is that, if successful, we will do our very best to get all models started as soon as we can.

Regards

Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  islander Wed 25 Jun 2008, 4:05 pm

Hi Steve, hope you and Dean set up the new company and very best wishes to you. I have had my engine running now for nearly 3 years and it is great fun. I am always meeting people at various rallies I attend who are building Modelworks engines and I hope that they eventually get them finished. Could you E mail me the address or company who supply the grates as mine is now on its last kegs. Best wishes to you and all the other model engine builders. Very Happy Very Happy

islander

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Waterways Thu 26 Jun 2008, 2:52 pm

Hi
I have had my kits since the end of april 2008 i have kits 1-9 and kit 15 still working on the rear wheels have lots to do. Has anyone had any problems with the kits to date or any tips that the instructions dont give.
Should you radius all 4 edges of the rims with filler as i dont seem to have enough metal filler. Hope everything goes well so we can all complete our burrells.

Waterways

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.waterways-direct.com

Back to top Go down

Post  owls-4-ever Mon 30 Jun 2008, 2:12 pm

Waterways wrote:Hi
I have had my kits since the end of april 2008 i have kits 1-9 and kit 15 still working on the rear wheels have lots to do. Has anyone had any problems with the kits to date or any tips that the instructions dont give.
Should you radius all 4 edges of the rims with filler as i dont seem to have enough metal filler. Hope everything goes well so we can all complete our burrells.

I have put the rads on all 4 edges of the rims, and they look really good.
There is no way there is enough metal filler, but I got exactly the same type from my local cars spares shop.

The large wheels went together well, but the most helpful tool was a 1/4" hand reamer that I used to
lign up the rivit holes. ( too much hammering of the rivits can crack the filler, this happened to me
on the front wheels.

owls-4-ever

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Mon 30 Jun 2008, 3:12 pm

Just been cleaning my wheels after a dusty rally. The inside of the rims are next to impossible to see and difficult to get at to clean. Take you pick whether to use filler - you will be the only one that knows it's there (or not).
Julia
Julia

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Waterways Tue 01 Jul 2008, 12:12 am

Thanks for you help i will go to my local car shop. I must say julia your web site is excelent keep up the good work.

Waterways

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.waterways-direct.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steel Steam Wed 02 Jul 2008, 2:47 pm

I also deliberated as to whether or not to put filler around the rear wheel inward facing tee rings. Although through looking at built engines I could see the filler would hardly be seen if at all, I decided for the small cost in buying additional filler and time it would take to apply it would be much easier to do before the wheels were painted and fitted rather than possibly regret not having done say and have to apply the filler later. I think there are some advantages - overcomes having to spray paint into a corner, easier to clean and less risk of rust forming in the gap between the tee ring and rim where paint may not have got into it. Plus, you will know its there and that the wheels look good from the inside too!

David Steel

Steel Steam

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

4" Burrell Empty Filler in wheels

Post  highpressure Wed 02 Jul 2008, 6:19 pm

I choose to have my wheels powder coated, so didnt bother with filler at all and it doesn't notice in my opinion.
I had put it on the fronts and had a pig of a job sanding it to an acceptable finish only to find it cracked everywhere when the rivets went in. Second to that the powder coating wouldnt take to it as it cant be electrostatically charged so they shot blasted it out for me. It also saved a huge amount of time in construction, my rear wheels were built in a day and sent to the coaters straight away. Once on a rally field no one should notice especially if the rest of the engine is well lined out. I will post some pictures on the site.

Regards Highpressure.
highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down