Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Testing on Air

3 posters

Go down

Testing on Air Empty Testing on Air

Post  forge Tue 21 Jul 2009, 5:09 pm

i am nearly ready to test my 2" burrell on compressed air.
I therefore need to buy a sutable air compressor, can anyone recomend a sutable compressor? I will hopefully hopefully be building a larger scale model next (DCC Road or scenic) so all suggestions are most welcome.

Jon
forge
forge

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Testing on Air Empty Re: Testing on Air

Post  LilyJack Tue 21 Jul 2009, 5:40 pm

Ello chap,

Take a butchers through the forum, I believe it to be Tony as well as a few others have said what kind they use, I believe a little one from summat like B&Q did the job fine for one person. I've been thinking though with regards to some comments left regards to WATER in the system afterwards from the air, MIGHT be worth seeing of you can get ya mitts on a water seperator??

Best Regards,

LilyJack Cool

LilyJack

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Wed 22 Jul 2009, 7:40 pm

Hi as for me I have a 25l pluss I run it throung a muster trap .It dose all my spraying and can run one of my engines for 1/2 hr Very Happy and it is not small .It is made by Wolf and was £100.00 quid in all Shocked .
Do think about the tank size if you are ging to go bigger and spray .Look at the volium and air sizes .
I hope that this may help/ Smile .
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down