Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diff issues

2 posters

Go down

Diff issues Empty Diff issues

Post  TomBreeds Agricultural Sat 22 Oct 2016, 8:51 pm

Has anyone had any issues with assembling the diff put half the diff on the 2nd shaft and its fine then when u put other half on and try to tighten bolt up on the 2nd shaft it nips up and locks the diff together ill try and get some photos up shortly
TomBreeds Agricultural
TomBreeds Agricultural

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

Diff issues Empty Re: Diff issues

Post  Simon B Sun 23 Oct 2016, 11:20 am

Hi Tom

I'm building the 4" SCC however a similar thing happened when I put my diff on. The first problem was one of the bolt head on the hornplate was catching and needed to be ground down, the next problem was the actual top of the hornplate, this was easy to spot as when the diff turned it put a nice gouge in the paint, atleast I knew where to grind, the third problem was another bolt head was catching on the brake ring, I don't know if the agricultural has the same brake as the SCC? This problem was highlighted in the instructions, now it turns smoothly without any binding.

I hope the above helps.

Simon
Simon B
Simon B

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2014-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post  TomBreeds Agricultural Sun 23 Oct 2016, 2:28 pm

cheers I'm having a steam day so I've mounted the block on s will get the diff mounted up and try what you have suggested.
TomBreeds Agricultural
TomBreeds Agricultural

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down