Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spark Arrestor

2 posters

Go down

Spark Arrestor Empty Spark Arrestor

Post  T140 Mon 27 Jul 2015, 7:35 pm

Evening,

I've been looking for a Spark Arrestor for my 4" engine, which happens to be 115mm at the chimney top, tapering down.

What I was after is a Balloon style guard, but the prices seemed a little on the expensive side starting at £65 plus.

But when I refurbished my roof many moons ago I used wire made balloon style bird cage guards to protect the chimney pots, why can I not use these?

So I am waiting for an order to arrive for a Wire Balloon Gutter Guard in Stainless Steel, but also available in Galvanised Steel, price £7.91 posted to me. Once it arrives I'll let you know how successful it looks, but if you want a look on line it's www.wireballoons.co.uk.

But to me it looks OK, let me risk my money first though and I'll post a photo and let you decide?

Best wishes,

Richard.

T140

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Spark Arrestor Empty Re: Spark Arrestor

Post  LiveSteam Mon 27 Jul 2015, 10:47 pm

Mick at the wiston ralley had made one out of a bird feeder which I thought was quite nice.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Spark Arrestor Empty Leaf Balloon Arrestor

Post  T140 Fri 31 Jul 2015, 4:38 pm

Evening all,

The leaf guard arrived, specifically designed to stick down the outlet pipe of a gutter, stainless steel and has three sprung legs that grip the pipe, £7.91. I like the look of it, OK it's not going to catch a huge amount of sparks but I wanted the thing cosmetically as I think finer mesh will probably clog right up. Any way you be the judges.

They are available in a number of inexpensive sizes, stainless steel or galvanised, www.wireballoons.co.uk.

Spark Arrestor Arrest11

T140

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Spark Arrestor Empty Re: Spark Arrestor

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down