Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideal cooking pot

3 posters

Go down

Ideal cooking pot Empty Ideal cooking pot

Post  Tim Watson Mon 19 May 2014, 6:20 pm

I have always reckoned that we had mobile AGAs and now have the casserole pot to prove it!  After a great deal of research and measuring, my wife found this on ebay: it is an AGA pot with lid: type no. 907002.  I got mine secondhand fairly cheaply: the postage was almost as much as the cost!

Ideal cooking pot Img_0714

it is ideal because it doesn't have a knob on the top to get in the way, is made of heavy cast iron, is rounded and fits nicely into the RL smokebox (you have to remove the dart bar to put it in).  it can be turned horizontally in the SRL smokebox, but the RL may be a bit more restrictive: there is still plenty of room for spuds and it doesn't restrict the draft unduly.  

Ideal cooking pot Img_0715

I have cooked four excellent meals in it.  One thing I may do next time is wrap it in aluminium foil to keep it from getting so dirty in the smokebox.  Either way, it will pay for itself for not using as much kitchen foil when cooking.

Tim
Tim Watson
Tim Watson

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Ideal cooking pot Empty Re: Ideal cooking pot

Post  the coleman Mon 19 May 2014, 6:42 pm

I have to its does look good and so did the food that you cooked on sunday .. Hope you enjoyed your meal .
the coleman
the coleman

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  HStannard Tue 20 May 2014, 5:40 pm

Tim, you will have to write a book of recipes for "Smokebox Cooking".  Very Happy 
HStannard
HStannard

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down