Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place

5 posters

Go down

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Empty Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place

Post  bjwlancashire Thu 31 Oct 2013, 8:27 pm

Well it seems a few weeks ago now but here are photos from the last event I attended before heading off to Thailand. It is a popular event held on a pub car park, it is not a formal event more an informal gathering hat has grown over the years. There were around a dozen full-size engines there plus a similar number of miniatures, some tractors, old cars and trucks. The pub provides a barrel of beer for the weekend for the engine owners so free beer is on hand for those that are not driving. The pub is on the River Weaver next to the Acton Bridge, a large swing bridge. Next to this is an old Steam Tug which celebrated its 100th year this year. It is a great little event with a nice circular road trip of around 2.5 miles per circuit with a good steep climb part way round and a second pub to stop for a top up of water, fire or whatever else takes your fancy. We did quite a few laps of this during the weekend.

Flashback and Brian M are also AMTEC members and were there with both showman's engines plus one other road loco, the name of the owner I have currently forgot, Pete somebody I think. Dwain managed to convince his wife to steer his engine as he now has the double seat fitted. He also burnt the powder coat of my chimney going up the big hill. He did keep saying sorry but no worries, soon have it redone!! Laughing 

I drove a showman's engine too and got lots of stick for doing so. Dwain's regulator works very nicely and I am about to make myself a solid round bottomed regulator valve for Blackbeard now I know how it drives with one. It was tricky for Dwain and Brian driving Blackbeard that weekend as it had developed the dreaded leak past syndrome and was difficult to pull up properly.

I also did some more cooking on the Sunday, bacon and sausage again.

ALL PHOTOS BY DANIELLE WAINWRIGHT

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_21

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_10

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_11

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_22

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_13

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_14

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_15

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_16

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_17

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_18

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_19

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_20

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_23

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_24

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_27

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_25

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_26

Last edited by bjwlancashire on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 11:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Empty Re: Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place

Post  lynnr Thu 31 Oct 2013, 8:47 pm

Excellent report Brian. Lovely atmospheric collection of pictures.  Crystal is still all alone at events. No brothers or sisters. One cousin once in a while from Fife. 

Especially like the sign writing. Mine will progress next week on the dining room table.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Empty Re: Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place

Post  Flasback Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:13 pm

Really good two days, one bit Brian forgot to mention was on Saturday, I was talking to someone and two engines went flying past me in big wheel about 10 mph, it was the two showman engines and you could hear my daughter laughing and Brian on the regulator going over the swing bridge.  The person I was speaking too did comment how good that looked, so credit to STW.   Now need to get a push pole for a bit more fun.

Here is is more pictures from the day

My son was not allowed to have any food until he cleaned the engine, Les engine is in the background ready next for a clear (his wife Sue came with a tin full of cakes), DavidJ did not bring any this time as he has just come back off his holiday.

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place 9x6_2010

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place 9x6_2011

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place 9x6_2012

All the pictures were taken by David who is a regular on TT, lovely guy if you bump into him, always has a smile.

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place 259_3010

This was when I realised what happened to Brian's coating, we stopped to get some steam up as the hill was big but the engines made the hill easy.

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place 2013-110

Phil thinking about his 6" Foden
Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place User7710

Great pictures Brian cheers again

Dwain

Last edited by Flasback on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Flasback

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:26 pm

Thanks for posting those Dwain, great weekend. Some of this pictures are what David put on Traction Talk if I remember correctly. Pity no one got video of us on the bridge. Declan has taken some video on the Saturday while we were going up over the canal bridge. Once I get it off him I will see if there is some worth editing and posting. At least no one got me driving through the bush by the river Razz 

Last edited by bjwlancashire on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasback Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:30 pm

Yes some of the photos Dave sent me are also on TT. Got to ask and some people may start to think thinks about us what is the anal bridge do you mean Canal .....Embarassed Razz 

Flasback

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:36 pm

I know I just noticed it myself, laughed and then told my wife and daughter - my wife just wet herself and Danielle had to take her inhaler again!!!!!!
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasback Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:41 pm

Now you have edited your post and people will think I am crazy for using the word anal in a random post.....Razz 

Flasback

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:49 pm

Flasback wrote: using the word anal in a random post.....Razz 
Quick, alert the moderator - pervert online!!!
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Fri 01 Nov 2013, 9:27 am

Phil also thinking he might just need a bigger trailer for his 6" Foden!!!!Shocked 

Little Leigh Steam Party - 4 STW DCC Engines in one place Small_28
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasback Fri 01 Nov 2013, 4:36 pm

Or is Phil thinking, I need a new coat:( 

Okay I think Brian you need to edit your post.  I have seen many photos of us at rallies on the internet and Brian M always has a beer in hand or has a beer near to his engine what a *&^%$$£ head Very Happy .   On the other hand I am a pure professional it tells you twins are not a like.  Brian M I think you need to defend yourself:evil: Right off to get a cold glass of ........  TEA:(   Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz, whats the song.... 5 O'Clock some where

Flasback

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian M Sat 02 Nov 2013, 11:16 am

I started to drink as it helps me to forget about my regulator passing...Shocked 
Brian M
Brian M

Number of posts : 261

Back to top Go down

Post  showman shane Tue 05 Nov 2013, 2:58 am

Great report. I particularly enjoy seeing photos of STW members engines next to historic pubs and travelling along narrow country lanes through your beautiful English countryside. Keep it up. Perhaps STW for a modest fee could arrange to complete and distribute to builders a calendar for 2014 of photos of completed engines (and of course their owners).

showman shane

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down