Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LIFT LINKS

3 posters

Go down

LIFT LINKS Empty LIFT LINKS

Post  BUNGLE Sun 01 Feb 2009, 6:42 pm

WE'VE HAD A COUPLE OF HOURS THIS AFTERNOON TO CLEAN UP SOME OF THE PARTS IN THE LATEST KIT. WE WERE WORKING ON THE LIFT LINKS, WHEN I NOTICED THAT THERE IS SOME VISABLE DIFFERENTS IN THE SIZES OF OUR TWO LINKS I.E. THE WEBS BETWEEN THE BUSHES ON ONE, ARE 1.59mm THICK, AND ON THE OTHER IT IS 2.12mm THICK. THE BUSHES ON THE THINNER ONE ARE 7.60mm AND 7.56mm (VERY CLOSELY MATCHED TO EACH OTHER), ON THE ONE WITH THE THICKER WEB THEY ARE 8.08mm AND 8.15mm (AGAIN CLOSE TO EACH OTHER), BUT NOT VERY CLOSE BETWEEN THE TWO LINKS, IN FACT BETWEEN EACH EXTREME THERE IS 0.59mm OR IN OTHER WORDS OVER A HALF A MILLIMETRE DIFFERANCE.

HAVING SAID ALL THAT, ON FITTING UP I DON'T THINK IT WILL CAUSE TO MUCH OF A PROBLEM.

I PUT IT TO THE FORUM FOR YOUR THOUGHTS, AND HOPE THAT STEVE WILL GIVE US HIS THOUGHTS TO PLEASE.

REGARDS TO ALL BUILDERS
BUNGLE

Last edited by BUNGLE on Sun 01 Feb 2009, 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : MISSING WORD)

BUNGLE

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

LIFT LINKS Empty Re: LIFT LINKS

Post  TonyT Sun 01 Feb 2009, 8:09 pm

Well spotted Bruce,hadn't seen it myself.I shall now wait for directions from above before proceeding with the final fit.Like you said though,doesn't seem to effect the motion at all.

One thing I have noticed and I rung STW to let them know,is the hole in the top slide bar for the oiler is drilled and tapped for a M3 thread,where as the ones supplied are M4.I simply drilled and re-tapped the hole to M4 and now the oiler sits nicely on the slide bar.Hope this helps.

Cheer's Tony Very Happy
TonyT
TonyT

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post  BUNGLE Sun 01 Feb 2009, 9:46 pm

THANKS FOR THAT INFO TONY, WE'LL DO THE SAME. Very Happy

HAVE YOU FOUND EMPLOY YET, I DO HOPE SO. Question

ALL THE BEST
BUNGLE

BUNGLE

Back to top Go down

Post  TonyT Sun 01 Feb 2009, 10:21 pm

Hi Bruce,

No job at the moment,so the wife and I have done a role reversal and I am now a house husband/minature steam engineer.It seems to work OK,so I must be getting it right Exclamation

I don't mind though because I have spent a lot of time away from home working,so it's nice to spend some time with the kids,they do grow up so fast.

cheer's Tony Very Happy
TonyT
TonyT

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post  BUNGLE Mon 02 Feb 2009, 3:23 pm

HI TONY,
THATS GOOD TO HEAR THAT THINGS ARE GOING RIGHT FOR YOU.

DOES THAT MEAN THAT YOUR NOW WASHING THE WELL PHOTOGRAPHED PANTS !!!! LOL Laughing

REGARDS
BUNGLE

BUNGLE

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Mon 02 Feb 2009, 4:37 pm

Hi Bruce,

The web thickness is only cosmetic so a little variation should not be a problem, once cleaned up they should be fit for purpose and barely noticable. We have been through the stock and it looks like that part way through manufacture the cutter has been changed causing a slight variation through the batch.

Regards

Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down