Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE FUTURE ?

+11
Steve Traill
forge
MikeyMike
thehawk
Julia
Vapor
Big Al
TonyT
tef 20
Steam Traction World
BUNGLE
15 posters

Go down

THE FUTURE ? Empty THE FUTURE ?

Post  BUNGLE Tue 28 Oct 2008, 9:10 pm

HI GUYS,
GOT TO THINKING THE OTHER DAY, VERY DANGERIOUS I KNOW !!

I REALISE THAT AT THE MOMENT YOU HAVE ALOT ON YOUR MINDS, BUT OVER THE NEXT 18 MONTHS APPROX YOUR ENTIRE, CURRENT RANGE OF BUILDS WILL ONE BY ONE COME TO AN END.

MY QUESTION IS, HAVE YOU HAD ANY THOUGHTS ON WHAT YOUR NEXT BUILDS MAYBE ?

MAYBE YOU ARE OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS FROM THE FORUM, OR IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING IN MIND, SOME FEEDBACK ON THOSE IDEAS. OR EVEN FIRE US UP FOR OUR NEXT PROJECT ! Wink

REGARDS
BRUCE

BUNGLE

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

THE FUTURE ? Empty Re: THE FUTURE ?

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 28 Oct 2008, 9:43 pm

Evening Bruce,

We have given new products some serious thought recently. We intend to add a new section to the forum shortly with new product ideas plus customers, old and new can then put any suggestions of engines/accessories they would like to see.

We already have a new batch of Likamobile's pencilled in for summer 2009 with a couple of orders already placed. We intend to release a 2" Burrell Agricultural Wagon (that can be used as a driving truck) to coincide with the completion of the 2" Burrells and Steve has also almost completed the design of a 4.5" Foden Artic/Timber Tractor that we plan to start advertising prior to Christmas. A new 4" scale heavy duty traction wagon has also been designed for release during 2009.

We've also contemplated a 3" scale lorry plus a larger 4" scale compound traction engine.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Dean & Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  tef 20 Tue 28 Oct 2008, 10:31 pm

Yes 4" maclaren Very Happy or go with the 6" burrell you had planned before.

mark
tef 20
tef 20

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

THE FUTURE ? Empty re: The Future

Post  TonyT Tue 28 Oct 2008, 10:50 pm

Hi Guys

The wife and I wondered if you would consider a 2" Burrell showmans engine?

cheer's Tony
TonyT
TonyT

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

THE FUTURE ? Empty The Future

Post  Big Al Wed 29 Oct 2008, 8:20 am

Whatever it is it's got to be a 2" model for me, as anthing bigger wont fit the garage or the pocket!

Don't mind what it is although a lorry would be nice with a trailer to carry the 2" burrell Smile

Alan

Big Al

Number of posts : 147

Back to top Go down

Post  Vapor Wed 29 Oct 2008, 3:08 pm

Well as soon as I have finished my 2" Burrell I fancy something in 4" to 6" scale, I have a yearning for some sort of lorry perhaps a Sentinel or similar, could be tempted by a Foden what about a steam roller?? that would be different pirat
Vapor
Vapor

Number of posts : 383

Back to top Go down

Post  BUNGLE Wed 29 Oct 2008, 4:24 pm

At different times of different days, i fancy different things ('er indoors says i can't have anything !!!!!!, but i've never listened yet!!)

wagons
rollers
showmans
portables

All appeal, dependings what i'm reading/watching/looking at, at the time Rolling Eyes

Regards
Bruce

BUNGLE

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia Wed 29 Oct 2008, 4:55 pm

Something that has not been modelled before!

I have no specific model in mind but I would recommend a prototype that would be exclusive to Steam Traction World thereby limiting the number in circulation. Picking a prototype that with few modifications could be produced in agricultural, roller, showman's and road locomotive would also limit the number of any one type in circulation. Aveling and Porter miniatures are under represented in the rally circuit so that may be a good place to start.

To keep the design cost down how about a road engine based on the Hornsby Chain Track Tractor.
Julia
Julia

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post  BUNGLE Wed 29 Oct 2008, 9:26 pm

HI JULIA,
MAXITRAK OF COURSE DO THEIR A&P TRACTOR, AND WAGON. SEE A FEW TRACTORS AT RALLYS, BUT ONLY SEEN ONE WAGON AND THAT WAS AT DORSET THIS YEAR, I KNOW THEY ONLY DO THEM TO ORDER.
HOW ABOUT A 3" A&P ROLLER FOR A CHANGE, BOTH STYLE AND SCALE ?

WOULDN'T A ROAD GOING HORNBY CHAIN, BE A FOSTER? AS I BELEIVE THAT THEY WERE BASED ON FOSTER COMPONENTS. THE MAIN MAN COULD TELL US FOR SURE, STEVE ? Wink
REGARDS
BRUCE

BUNGLE

Back to top Go down

THE FUTURE ? Empty The Future

Post  thehawk Wed 29 Oct 2008, 10:11 pm

How about something a little simpler(?) like a 2 cylinder compound conversion for the 4inch Burrell?

Paul
thehawk
thehawk

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeyMike Thu 30 Oct 2008, 4:05 pm

I asked a question along similar lines a few days ago yet got no reply, maybe I should have shouted! 4" Showman's engine please to go with the similar scale fairground organ I am currently building.

Got to say that the complete lack of a reply hasn't given me a lot of confidence - and is exactly the kind of thing that kept us from committing to the 5" Duchess.

Ta.

MikeyMike

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  forge Thu 30 Oct 2008, 4:52 pm

as i am building a 2" burrell, i would be interested in a 2" scale water bauser/ driving seat for 2 people, if the 2" burrell will pull 2 people?
may be interested in a 4" compound traction engine in the future!

P.S very pleased with my boiler.
Jon
forge
forge

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post  BUNGLE Thu 30 Oct 2008, 9:53 pm

HI GUYS,
HAD ANOTHER THOUGHT TODAY (SAID IN AN EARLIER POST MY IDEAS CHANGE ALL THE TIME !!), AS THERE IS A STRONG BURRELL THEME TO THE RANGE (A VERY GOOD THING !!) HOW ABOUT A BURRELL STEAM WAGON ?

NO COMPLETE FULL SIZE ONES REMAIN, JUST SOME PARTS IN DIFFERENT PLACES (LINCS, SCOTLAND TO NAME COUPLE) THERE ARE HOWEVER FULL PLANS AROUND THAT STEVE COULD WORK WITH.

OK I'LL GET ME COAT NOW !! Laughing

REGARDS
BRUCE

BUNGLE

Back to top Go down

THE FUTURE ? Empty The next project

Post  Steve Traill Fri 31 Oct 2008, 3:27 pm

How about a 4'' Clayton & Shuttleworth compound which could then either be a Road Loco/Crane engine/ Showmans, there's not many around & they are a good solid looking engine. Another idea would be to do a 4'' kit of a fairground organ that could be run from a showmans.
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  durhambuilder Fri 31 Oct 2008, 7:28 pm

I would have thought a 6" or even an 8" clayton undertype wagon would work well, perhaps with a choice of bodies and or chassis lengths. The vertical boiler and separate underslung engine should keep fabrication / machining costs low and the chassis can't get much simpler. Something like this-
http://www.stationroadsteam.co.uk/stock%20pages/3084/index.htm

durhambuilder

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

THE FUTURE ? Empty THE FUTURE

Post  gulfstream Sat 01 Nov 2008, 12:44 pm

How about a flat trailer for the Foden wagon, a useful small project as an add-on to the 4.5 inch Foden which should be up and running for the 2009 season.

gulfstream

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

THE FUTURE ? Empty THE FUTURE

Post  greystones Mon 03 Nov 2008, 8:21 pm

Hi After reading all the comments on the future I thought I would have my tuppence worth in. As I see it we would all like to own a 6 inch traction engine. Logisticaly for me that wouldnt be possible. The weight of the wheels and boiler would be a no no to work with. The cost would also be too much especially in this economic climate. I have spent all my cash on the 4 inch Burrell and the Foden. At least these will go on a trailer on the back of my car. A 6 inch wouldn't. My other ldea would be a ploughing engine useing the existing Burrell as this would keep tooling costs down it would not have to be prototypical as and when funds run to it. The best idea I can come up with is as there are at least 100 Burrells either built or under construction how about a conversion kit to bring it up to a showmans or crane engine at least there could be a captive market out there of ready built engines. If cash was readily available I could come up with plenty of ideas. At the moment its a case of wait for the upturn and hope that Steam Traction World can continue to trade . They couldnt have started up at a worse time. Good luck lads we are all backing you.
greystones
greystones

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://greystonesholidays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

THE FUTURE ? Empty The Furure

Post  TB Tue 04 Nov 2008, 8:44 am

I couldn't agree more. Lets try and be practical.
TB

TB

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down