Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kit 10 - back axle

+4
greystones
craig@STW
Steve Traill
Rickster
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kit 10 - back axle - Page 2 Empty kit 10 bushes challenge!!

Post  Tony King Mon 31 Jan 2011, 10:25 pm

Kev,
Forgot to say I fixed bearings with loctite 641 retaining compound, supplied by STW in an earlier kit!
Would also add, I know it may be a "fag" using lathe if you can, but I'd garrantee the results would be far better & safer than using a flap wheel!!
Tony

Tony King

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Kit 10 - back axle - Page 2 Empty Axle tube

Post  Rickster Tue 01 Feb 2011, 7:49 pm

Hi Steve/Craig,

Just a quick note to say thanks for the replacement tube - arrived 9 am by courier this morning and the old one is on it's way back to you.

the axle fitted straight on with this one - no fettling at all. Absolutely perfectly - brilliant, well done and thanks for the excellent service.

cheers

Rick

Rickster

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Kit 10 - back axle - Page 2 Empty Re: Kit 10 - back axle

Post  highpressure Fri 04 Feb 2011, 9:02 pm

Just been up to my local engineers club and spent the evening sorting the bushes out using the lathe. Knocked them both out and tried them on the axle on the bench until they just slid on and were a good tight fit. Then refitted one in the tube and tried the other end and all looked good, nicely lined up etc. Then knocked the other bush in and after a bit of a fight using lots of oil and grunt managed to get the axle to go through. A really good snug fit which at the mo just turns with a bar in one end of the fixing holes but will mean that it will run very true and bed in really nicely once the wheels are on etc. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Kit 10 - back axle - Page 2 Empty Re: Kit 10 - back axle

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2