Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toolbox Hinges... Any ideas????

2 posters

Go down

Toolbox Hinges... Any ideas???? Empty Toolbox Hinges... Any ideas????

Post  highpressure Sat 18 Dec 2010, 2:47 pm

Having just been to the workshop to put the bits on the tender I find I am completely baffled by the hinges. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I havent yet filed the required slot in the back but I still cant fathom out which way round they go. I cant get the holes to line up regardless of wether they are inside or outside, I cant see that the 10mm slot will aid the closure or opening of them so as mine are all in paint I will wait to see how they go together. Can some one take a picture if they have done them to help clarify. I did think for a moment that the hinges may have been put together the wrong way round by an unfortunate error but even changing one round it still wont fit properly. I am not mormally this inept Embarassed Embarassed as I can fix or suss out most things but before I alter something and find I cant undo it, I have learnt it is easier to ask for a few pointers. Question
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Toolbox Hinges... Any ideas???? Empty Hinges

Post  Rickster Sat 18 Dec 2010, 10:50 pm

Hinge on outside of toolbox and inside of the lid. I cut out the full hinge width with depth of 4mm. I found when the lid closed the nuts on the lid were impinging on the toolbox sides by the hinge so went the full hinge width. All good now.

Rickster

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Toolbox Hinges... Any ideas???? Empty Re: Toolbox Hinges... Any ideas????

Post  highpressure Sun 19 Dec 2010, 9:57 am

Yes, I did go back and mess about with possible options and that seemed to be the one that would get everything closest, I didnt want to take out the whole hinge width first though and then find that I had taken too much out. Its really difficult to stick all those little filings back in the gap if it too wide Very Happy Very Happy I also decided that I would centralise the name plate as the lining made it look really odd in the original position. It looks much nicer on the eye.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Toolbox Hinges... Any ideas???? Empty Re: Toolbox Hinges... Any ideas????

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down