Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The end of the story...my engine is finished, running and sold.

2 posters

Go down

The end of the story...my engine is finished, running and sold. Empty The end of the story...my engine is finished, running and sold.

Post  milford59 Mon 05 Jun 2023, 1:42 pm

Some of you may have followed my posts over the last few years while I was building my engine, and hopefully there is some information and pictures that may help future builders . There were a few hiccups along the way as I had not done a project like this before, but thanks to the input from other Forum members, Lynn and, in particular SimonC, I got there in the end and I was very pleased with how it turned out. I had decided a few months before finishing the project that I would not keep the engine, as with young grandchildren and other hobbies I just would not have had the time to devote to the engine as well. Additionally, I felt completely out of my depth in terms of actually getting the thing to run after it was built, even though (according to Berrybrook) my build was well executed and only required a small amount of fettling before it ran.

I had intended to offer the finished engine to STW to sell on my behalf but mislaid e-mails, undelivered phone messages and other gremlins conspired to lead me to believe that the factory were not interested (and I could see how that would be the case, as they are in the business of selling kits) so I approached Matt at Berrybrook and he handled the situation to my satisfaction and the engine is now residing in Ireland with its new owners (who I believe already run a couple of full-sized engines)

So its a big thank you to Dean and others at STW and I wish them all the best with this product and any new ones that are developed - our paths may cross again one day, perhaps at GDSF.

Here is a picture of the finished engine and a short video of it steaming.

The end of the story...my engine is finished, running and sold. Img_0111

milford59

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2019-05-19

Simon C likes this post

Back to top Go down

The end of the story...my engine is finished, running and sold. Empty Re: The end of the story...my engine is finished, running and sold.

Post  LiveSteam Mon 05 Jun 2023, 7:38 pm

milford59 wrote: I had decided a few months before finishing the project that I would not keep the engine.............

Thats a shame as I was looking forward to seeing you on the south coast rally circuit, although I totally understand the commitment to build is different to the commitment to rally as the two are completely different.

Well it was interesting to watch the build, something I would never ever take on as I'm on the other side, and happy to commit to the rally side of things.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

milford59 likes this post

Back to top Go down