Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steam Head Thread

3 posters

Go down

Steam Head Thread Empty Steam Head Thread

Post  DavidH Wed 11 Nov 2009, 7:21 pm

Builders beware! The male input thread on my steam head just received in Kit 21 was considerably oversize. Having got it assembled on the spectacle plate and offered up to the steam pipe from the boiler the female fitting wouldn't even start on the thread. I took it off again and tried one of the fittings on one of the pipeworks in the kit with similar results, although it screwed on to one of the globe valve threads easily. I measured the OD of the steam head and globe valve threads to find the former to be 15 thou oversize. Happily I had a 9/16 x 26 tpi die and was able to run the thread down to size and it now goes together nicely.
So try one of the loose fittings on it first before struggling with it on the engine and finding it won't screw on!
On another matter, has Steve a problem with emails at the moment? I have sent a couple recently with a query and some photos but have had no reply??

DavidH

DavidH

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Steam Head Thread Empty Steam Head Thread

Post  DavidH Thu 12 Nov 2009, 10:22 pm

With reference to Steve and emails, to set the record straight, apparently he DID reply to my emails but I never received them.
We have ascertained that he sent them to the correct address,and I receive several emails a day at that address from various people so i know the address works. They were not bounced back to him so they must have been going somewhere. Totally weird!!
Any email experts out there with any suggestions?

DavidH

DavidH

Back to top Go down

Steam Head Thread Empty Re: Steam Head Thread

Post  STEAM KNUT 1 (Anthony) Fri 13 Nov 2009, 4:48 pm

Some of my email go directly in to my spam box because my computer thinks the email have got a virus

Ant.B
STEAM KNUT 1 (Anthony)
STEAM KNUT 1 (Anthony)

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Mon 16 Nov 2009, 7:06 am

DavidH

Who is you email provider. I had bigfoot.com and it kept losing emails, bigfoot deny anything is wrong but I have proved there is!

Big Al

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Steam Head Thread Empty email problem

Post  DavidH Sun 06 Dec 2009, 2:26 pm

The above email problem has been solved.
Apparently my email provider, BT Yahoo, has a spam box of which I was totally unaware into which for reasons best known unto themselves they were diverting STW's emails among many others that I should have received. I have just recovered 35 from the last month which I assume is as long as they keep them. Goodness only knows what I might have lost before that!
Needless to say I have now reset it so that ALL emails go into my main inbox!!

DavidH

DavidH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down