Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building a STW 4’ Burrell DCC in the United States

2 posters

Go down

Building a STW 4’ Burrell DCC in the United States Empty Building a STW 4’ Burrell DCC in the United States

Post  Dodulation Fri 25 Nov 2022, 12:09 am

Opening a topic for USA based builders as I wonder if there are other STW 4’ Burrell builders in the United States that are either in the process or finished their engine already. I’m sure that they run into some challenges like finding Craftmaster equivalent paints as they don’t ship across the pawn. Any suggestions anyone?
Dodulation
Dodulation

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2022-11-24

Back to top Go down

Building a STW 4’ Burrell DCC in the United States Empty Re: Building a STW 4’ Burrell DCC in the United States

Post  Simon C Sat 26 Nov 2022, 8:29 am

Dodulation wrote:Opening a topic for USA based builders as I wonder if there are other STW 4’ Burrell builders in the United States that are either in the process or finished their engine already. I’m sure that they run into some challenges like finding Craftmaster equivalent paints as they don’t ship across the pawn. Any suggestions anyone?

Hi Dodulation
You have asked this in the 6" Foden group, but are asking about a 4" Burrell ??
I used a phone a friend on this one to a 6" Foden builder in the US and he used RUSTOLEUM.

Simon C
Simon C
Simon C

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2017-07-07

Dodulation likes this post

Back to top Go down

Building a STW 4’ Burrell DCC in the United States Empty Re: Building a STW 4’ Burrell DCC in the United States

Post  Dodulation Fri 13 Oct 2023, 1:10 am

Simon C wrote:
Dodulation wrote:Opening a topic for USA based builders as I wonder if there are other STW 4’ Burrell builders in the United States that are either in the process or finished their engine already. I’m sure that they run into some challenges like finding Craftmaster equivalent paints as they don’t ship across the pawn. Any suggestions anyone?

Hi Dodulation
You have asked this in the 6" Foden group, but are asking about a 4" Burrell ??
I used a phone a friend on this one to a 6" Foden builder in the US and he used RUSTOLEUM.

Simon C

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply. I have found a very good alternative for high quality paint in the US although they don't have a lot of the nice colors that Craftmaster has. But if you just building black like I am, it works perfectly fine. I'm using Speedokote, which is a two part urethane that gets really strong. I have tried Rustoleum but I am not impressed with any of their products.

Fritz
Dodulation
Dodulation

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2022-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down