Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lykamobile Pressure Switch RS-397-1191

2 posters

Go down

Lykamobile Pressure Switch RS-397-1191 Empty Lykamobile Pressure Switch RS-397-1191

Post  Westcoast Steamer Fri 28 Jan 2022, 6:54 pm

HI all;  While finally putting my MK#1 Lyka together, finally after purchasing it in 2008!!, I've hit a bit of a roadblock. When opening the box containing the electrical pressure switch / relay, RS-397-1191, I found no extra springs. It only came with the preinstalled lowest pressure one.  Now I've tracked down the "new replacement" one used by STW (thanks to their excellent help) but before I embark on the journey of getting one shipped to Canada I have this question.

Has anyone replaced their older model switch, for whatever reason, and if so do they have the yellow spring that is needed to set the correct pressure range?  Just a long shot but worth a try.

Cheers Colin

Westcoast Steamer

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2021-11-30

Back to top Go down

Lykamobile Pressure Switch RS-397-1191 Empty Re: Lykamobile Pressure Switch RS-397-1191

Post  jjtjr Sat 29 Jan 2022, 1:55 pm

Series 1. About 8 years ago i replaced my pressure switch. The steam burnt a hole thru the rubber diaphragm . I found one made by Honeywell its been working since then. It has adjustable dead-band. It gives you the ability to control off and on pressure. The old one was just a micro switch with a rubber diagram.
jjtjr
jjtjr

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Lykamobile Pressure Switch RS-397-1191 Empty Found Replacement

Post  Westcoast Steamer Mon 31 Jan 2022, 5:45 pm

Hi all; RS International still stocks the old model switch and I purchased one from them yesterday. Just shipped this morning and should be here in a couple of weeks. The logic is that with the older model I'll have a backup sensor ( the original one) into which I can just transfer the correct spring if the new one "burns out".

Cheers Colin

Westcoast Steamer

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2021-11-30

Back to top Go down

Lykamobile Pressure Switch RS-397-1191 Empty switch

Post  jjtjr Tue 01 Feb 2022, 1:39 pm

Make sure that you put a loop in the line that goes to the switch. This will keep the steam away from the diaphragm.
jjtjr
jjtjr

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Lykamobile Pressure Switch RS-397-1191 Empty Re: Lykamobile Pressure Switch RS-397-1191

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down