Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi all ,Cylinder drain holes not aligned? Anyone had this ? Im guessing it will have to go back ?!

3 posters

Go down

Hi all ,Cylinder drain holes not aligned? Anyone had this ? Im guessing it will have to go back ?! Empty Hi all ,Cylinder drain holes not aligned? Anyone had this ? Im guessing it will have to go back ?!

Post  Mutleybob Wed 29 Dec 2021, 2:32 pm

Hi all ,Cylinder drain holes not aligned? Anyone had this ? Im guessing it will have to go back ?! 7ae4fd10
Hi all ,Cylinder drain holes not aligned? Anyone had this ? Im guessing it will have to go back ?! 55bdf810

Mutleybob

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2021-02-21

Back to top Go down

Hi all ,Cylinder drain holes not aligned? Anyone had this ? Im guessing it will have to go back ?! Empty Re: Hi all ,Cylinder drain holes not aligned? Anyone had this ? Im guessing it will have to go back ?!

Post  lynnr Wed 29 Dec 2021, 3:15 pm

Hi

Looks like the sleeve is not in the correct rotation.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Mutleybob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hi all ,Cylinder drain holes not aligned? Anyone had this ? Im guessing it will have to go back ?! Empty Re: Hi all ,Cylinder drain holes not aligned? Anyone had this ? Im guessing it will have to go back ?!

Post  LiveSteam Wed 29 Dec 2021, 10:31 pm

The original 4" modelworks control model suffered this fate which was never picked up until it was in my hands, either that or the sleeve slipped around at some stage as they were just pressed in on the originals I gather, rather than nitrogen freezed in which is how I think they are done now.

I had the block re-machined for the steam ports and re-drilled the steam drains, there was no hope of pushing the sleeve out, yours will be just a send back and straight swap for a replacement Smile

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Mutleybob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down