Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belly tank front bracket

3 posters

Go down

Belly tank front bracket Empty Belly tank front bracket

Post  CJRH Tue 21 Dec 2021, 7:51 pm

Hi,

I've got an issue where the holes in the front of the belly tank do not line up with the angle bracket. I'm assuming that either the holes in the front of the belly tank have been drilled at the wrong height or the bracket that bolts to the bottom of the boiler is incorrect. Photo of the front bracket, can someone please confirm the measurement from the bottom of the boiler to the bracket please.

Thanks Chris
4" DCC Road Loco

Belly tank front bracket Img_6010

CJRH

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2021-11-03

Back to top Go down

Belly tank front bracket Empty Re: Belly tank front bracket

Post  milford59 Wed 22 Dec 2021, 9:44 am

My bracket (SCC) was the wrong size - apparently there was a modification to the bracket - I was originally sent the “modified” bracket, which is too wide for the holes in the boiler. I am waiting for the correct one to arrive from STW. Does your bracket actually fit to the underside of the boiler correctly, or not ?

milford59

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2019-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  CJRH Wed 22 Dec 2021, 11:19 am

Hi there, yes the bracket does line up with the holes in the boiler. I've left a message with STW to give me a call and will see what they say.

Chris

CJRH

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2021-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  milford59 Mon 17 Jan 2022, 10:19 pm

Chris - did you resolve the issues with your 2 brackets ?

milford59

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn@STW Tue 18 Jan 2022, 8:54 am

Hi Chris

The measurement your looking for on the CAD is 23mm. Where your measurement shows 26mm. This would indicate your belly tank is nose down to the boiler barrel.

What sort of movement do you have on the rear brackets to allow the tank to "tilt up" in relation to the horn plates? It could also be the hornplates themself being tilted forward and not square with the boiler.

Lynn@STW

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2017-07-19

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  milford59 Tue 18 Jan 2022, 10:04 am

This is confusing.   The darker metal bracket in the picture is the bracket that bolts to the boiler barrel isn't it ?  In which case, the measurement of 26mm is a function of that brackets dimensions. If, as you say Lynn, that measurement should be 23mm then it's the bracket that is wrong isn't it ?  Why would these measurements be related to the position of the belly tank - unless (and this is quite possible) I am missing something obvious - I would like to understand this because I have a similar issue.

milford59

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down