Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belly tank boiler mounting.

2 posters

Go down

Belly tank boiler mounting. Empty Belly tank boiler mounting.

Post  lynnr Mon 25 Apr 2011, 5:34 pm

HI STW

Got a problem. The belly tank to Boiler mounting bracket does not fully fit. The bolt holes are approximately 1/2 a hole out.
I have included pictures of the problem area, bracket to belly tank mating and belly tank to horn plate mating.

As you can see the connection between the bracket and belly tank is spot on. Belly tank to horn plates is also spot on.

Boiler bracket height is spot on also. Its just the holes in the boiler do not line up.

Suggestions? I do not have anything to mill out the holes in the bracket. Only thought I have is cut the tabs off the bracket. Bolt them on to the boiler and the rest of the bracket on to the belly tank and re-weld the joint to make it fit.

Also while I remember I appear to be short the 2 dummy bolts and bolts for belly tank to horn plate. Please advise.

Right side
Belly tank boiler mounting. EOS5DMarkII06004
Belly tank boiler mounting. EOS5DMarkII06005

Left side
Belly tank boiler mounting. EOS5DMarkII06003
Belly tank boiler mounting. EOS5DMarkII06002

Left side
Belly tank boiler mounting. EOS5DMarkII06008

Right side
Belly tank boiler mounting. EOS5DMarkII06007

Belly to boiler bracket
Belly tank boiler mounting. EOS5DMarkII06006
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Belly tank boiler mounting. Empty Front belly tank bracket

Post  Tony King Mon 25 Apr 2011, 9:10 pm

Hi Lynn,
My bracket was the same!! Simply hold the bracket in a vice (the long bit with the holes for the belly tank holes between the jaws) & simply clout the bits that go up to the boiler with a hammer............... They bend really easily, so there is very little possibility of damaging anything & the bit in the vice jaws stays straight!! Sorted!!
Regards
Tony

Tony King

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down