Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oiler wicks

3 posters

Go down

Oiler wicks Empty Oiler wicks

Post  Jelk Tue 07 Sep 2021, 3:51 pm

Can anyone help me with the amount of wool required as oiler wicks, please. Obviously I need the length of the oiler tubes but how much do i need to have in the reservoirs. Do I need just a small amount coming out of the top of the oiler tubes or does the reservoir need lots of wool in it?

Jelk

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2020-08-29

Back to top Go down

Oiler wicks Empty Re: Oiler wicks

Post  Will@STW Tue 07 Sep 2021, 4:11 pm

Jelk wrote:Can anyone help me with the amount of wool required as oiler wicks, please. Obviously I need the length of the oiler tubes but how much do i need to have in the reservoirs. Do I need just a small amount coming out of the top of the oiler tubes or does the reservoir need lots of wool in it?

Hi Jelk

You don't want too much wool in the reservoirs because the more you have in there the less space there will be for oil (although I would be surprised if anyone could put too much in there), but also if you have too little it won't carry the oil, I would say have as an estimate a length roughly 5mm into the reservoirs should be just about enough.

Many thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2019-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Jelk Tue 07 Sep 2021, 4:39 pm

Thanks Will

Jelk

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2020-08-29

Will@STW likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Tue 07 Sep 2021, 7:41 pm

Also if you put too much in the pot it takes an age to fill them, as I found Embarassed

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Will@STW likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down