Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running help required in Somerset/wiltshire

4 posters

Go down

Running help required in Somerset/wiltshire Empty Running help required in Somerset/wiltshire

Post  Fishing13 Thu 26 Aug 2021, 8:24 pm

Hi all,
This is a request for anyone in the Somerset/Wiltshire/Dorset area who would be willing to come a show me the ropes to run my 4” Burrell engine.

It was finished in 2020 and tested but since then not been run. I would love some help to show me how to get it running and drive it.

This is my first engine and so now it’s finished I’d love to learn how to drive/run it properly

Thanks
Richard

Fishing13

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-02-02

Back to top Go down

Running help required in Somerset/wiltshire Empty Re: Running help required in Somerset/wiltshire

Post  Tinker Fri 27 Aug 2021, 6:42 am

High Richard, I have just seen your post and I am in the same position as you, I currently live in Kent and I have recently finished building a Burrell agricultural. I am moving to Wiltshire soon and it would be great to get together and compare things.
ATB
Ian

Tinker

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-08-23

Fishing13 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Running help required in Somerset/wiltshire Empty Re: Running help required in Somerset/wiltshire

Post  Lufccrowther Fri 27 Aug 2021, 9:40 am

Hi, where abouts to you live roughly? I live in Swindon and would be willing to show you the ropes if you would like me to. I've finished building my engine in Feb 2020 and also work on the full size engines aswell.
Kind regards
Luke

Lufccrowther

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishing13 Fri 27 Aug 2021, 10:48 am

Lufccrowther wrote:Hi, where abouts to you live roughly? I live in Swindon and would be willing to show you the ropes if you would like me to. I've finished building my engine in Feb 2020 and also work on the full size engines aswell.
Kind regards
Luke

Hi Luke l live in Frome Somerset about an hour away and that’s is exactly what I would like to show me how to drive engine. I’ve fired the engine up three times but not driven it.

Fishing13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lufccrowther Fri 27 Aug 2021, 11:03 am

Ok. I'm busy the next couple of weekends but I'd be happy to help out.

Lufccrowther

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishing13 Fri 27 Aug 2021, 11:10 am

[quote="Lufccrowther"]Ok. I'm busy the next couple of weekends but I'd be happy to help out. [/quot

Ok thanks speak in a couple of weeks

Kind regards
Richard

Fishing13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lufccrowther Fri 27 Aug 2021, 11:44 am

I'm available on the 11th September if you are free then?

Lufccrowther

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishing13 Sat 28 Aug 2021, 10:24 am

Lufccrowther wrote:I'm available on the 11th September if you are free then?
Hi Luke

Sorry missed your message lm busy that day so any time after that. So what were you thinking shall I bring my engine to you save you

Fishing13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lufccrowther Sat 28 Aug 2021, 11:43 am

Ok. Are you available mid week? You could bring it over to me if you like that would be helpful. And if tinker is available midweek aswell we can steam both on the same day at the same place. What do you think?

Lufccrowther

Fishing13 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishing13 Sat 28 Aug 2021, 11:57 am

Hi Luke,
Sounds brilliant, I’m available midweek. happy to come to Swindon and more than happy to do it at same time as tinker/Ian if he’s available.
Im new to this forum stuff so if there’s a way for your to send me your mobile number/email address privately we can arrange it. Or you can find me on Facebook.
Thanks
Richard Oates

Fishing13

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishing13 Sat 28 Aug 2021, 12:00 pm

Tinker wrote:High Richard, I have just seen your post and I am in the same position as you, I currently live in Kent and I have recently finished building a Burrell agricultural. I am moving to Wiltshire soon and it would be great to get together and compare things.
ATB
Ian

Hi Ian,
Great to hear, yes that sounds great.
Luke is arranging a meet up in Swindon, hopefully we can meet all together and both learn a thing or two!
If you can psend me your phone number/email privately or find me on Facebook we can discuss further.
Thanks
richard

Fishing13

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Sun 29 Aug 2021, 3:04 pm

Sorry but a bit far away being the other end of the UK.
Otherwise I would have been there in a shot.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down