Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foden LWB first kit

3 posters

Go down

Foden LWB first kit  Empty Foden LWB first kit

Post  Rob-Foden Sun 28 Feb 2021, 2:09 pm

Good Afternoon.

I’ve just taken delivery of kit 1 of my Foden LWB and I’d really appreciate some tips and advice.

A friend of mine is going to be painting the chassis for me, and I have started to de-burr the parts etc.

I’d be interested to know what the best way to clean the parts up, especially the chassis rails would be, as I’m sure most of you have a preferred or found an easier method!

The big question for me - is it worth priming all parts before assembling or assemble then paint?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Rob

Rob-Foden

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-02-23

Back to top Go down

Foden LWB first kit  Empty Re: Foden LWB first kit

Post  Mark the spark Sun 28 Feb 2021, 3:42 pm

I would test fit then paint only after you are happy

Mark the spark

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Mon 01 Mar 2021, 2:47 pm

Rob-Foden wrote:Good Afternoon.

I’ve just taken delivery of kit 1 of my Foden LWB and I’d really appreciate some tips and advice.

A friend of mine is going to be painting the chassis for me, and I have started to de-burr the parts etc.

I’d be interested to know what the best way to clean the parts up, especially the chassis rails would be, as I’m sure most of you have a preferred or found an easier method!

The big question for me - is it worth priming all parts before assembling or assemble then paint?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Rob

Hi Rob

As Mark has said most people would do a dry assembly first to make sure everything fits together properly (otherwise you could end up painting twice as you may come across an issue that means you need file an edge down or enlarge a hole). Whether you then paint it as an assembly or take it apart to paint it is up to you, most people like to paint parts separately to help protect the mating surfaces, but there will be parts such as the leaf springs for the suspension that will need to be painted an assembly.

Many thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2019-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down