Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Production Guides

+3
thehawk
Midwest Steam
lynnr
7 posters

Go down

Production Guides Empty Production Guides

Post  Goliewogs Fri 11 Sep 2020, 4:05 pm

Why no more weekly production guides??!!!
Greg

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Production Guides Empty Re: Production Guides

Post  lynnr Sat 12 Sep 2020, 2:01 pm

As Dean stated a few months ago.
Due to COVID and being very busy with a big increase in orders they can not spare time to take pictures etc.

lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Midwest Steam Sat 12 Sep 2020, 3:38 pm

I’d imagine they are also running with a slightly reduced staff with all the new orders as well. Precautions have to be taken to reduce the risk of catching the virus, some are more at risk than others and need to take extra care. While it seems like taking photos and uploading them wouldn’t take much time, it’s a bit more involved to upload and edit photos and spare time is probably difficult to come by.
Midwest Steam
Midwest Steam

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2018-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Mon 14 Sep 2020, 4:28 pm

Hi guys

Lynn and Midwest you are absolutely right! We have had more orders since lockdown began than we have on a normal year (including Dorset orders). So we are busier than we have ever been, and so Craig doesn't get as much time to go and take photos and write a bit about each one. On top of all the sales we have recently had, we have bought the little Samson Models, and so me and dean are both concentrating on that in between costumer service calls and emails and working on the Lykamobile, and trying to sort out the supply issues we have had lately. I'm sure when things are calmer we will be able to go back to updating everyone weekly, but certainly for now it is proving to be a bit of a challenge.

Many thanks

Will
Will@STW
Will@STW

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2019-01-29

atomenter, LiveSteam, bazzer and Mark building a burrell like this post

Back to top Go down

Production Guides Empty RE productions guides

Post  thehawk Tue 22 Sep 2020, 10:25 am

I can appreciate the effort required to take photos of everything going on at STW and in production. But I'm sure everyone would appreciate a few short words to say approximately when the latest kits for the various models would be completed and delivered.
thehawk
thehawk

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Goliewogs Thu 24 Sep 2020, 3:36 pm

I must say I do agree with you, no matter what the heat is in the 'engine room'!!
Greg

Goliewogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 24 Sep 2020, 8:36 pm

Hi guys,

Craig who updates the production part of the forum does go into the production meetings so i will ask him to give some ideas with his posts about priorities and despatches. These will only be a 'guide' though as things DO change daily. For example we are waiting the pressure gauges on the Lykamobile to get the final kit out. They were due last Thursday, upon contacting them they said they had been a week delay, so we called them today and low and behold there is another weeks delay, This is something we can do NOTHING about. They have been paid for (a few thousand pounds) and are have to be red lined specially for us so we can't just 'get an alternative'.

The other thing about putting updates is the batches are now spread all over so we are no longer working on one batch of say 10 different products for example. We are working on 150+ peoples kits at all at different stages. I will still ask Craig to try and add something.

I am currently looking at a customer/stock/production management software which will make all the stuff we do manually and individually like ordering materials, checking stock and even emailing customers an update much easier. We've come so far and have very few systems in place and although it won't be an overnight solution it is something i am looking at for the future.

Best wishes.

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Vapor, LiveSteam, Mark building a burrell and Schofieldburrell like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Grier Tue 29 Sep 2020, 5:06 pm

Dean when the pressure gauges do arrive it would be nice to post that they have arrived and that the kits are being assembled for shipment.
Thank You,
Grier

Grier

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 29 Sep 2020, 8:12 pm

Hi Grier,

No problem.

As i said in the last email much of the time its supplier problems that are the biggest issue. We called the pressure gauge people today to just confirm they would be in this week to be told there has been a further delay until 12th October!!

After losing the plot with them we asked for a refund and threatened to cancel (bear in mind they have been red lined especially for us) they said they would call us back and have now said we should get them by the end of the week!!

We'll keep everyone updated.

Dean.

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

LiveSteam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Goliewogs Wed 30 Sep 2020, 3:49 pm

Why not send out the kit minus the gauges? Send them when you receive them? There is plenty to do while we are waiting?
Regards
Greg

Goliewogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Thu 01 Oct 2020, 4:32 pm

Hi Everyone

We have finally received the pressure gauges for the Lykamobile (Pictured below).
Production Guides 2711

We were not wanting to send these to follow as they are in the last kit and would prevent you from steaming if they were missing (not a nice thought, a steam engine sitting there, not being allowed to move). I'm sure Dean will have a proper production update for you all soon.

Many thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2019-01-29

Grier and covonia1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down