Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's needed for my first steaming

2 posters

Go down

What's needed for my first steaming  Empty What's needed for my first steaming

Post  baggycanoe Wed 02 Sep 2020, 12:42 pm

I'm about to go shopping

Just wondering what do I need for my first steaming and raning of my engine
Need a shopping list

baggycanoe

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

What's needed for my first steaming  Empty Re: What's needed for my first steaming

Post  LiveSteam Wed 02 Sep 2020, 10:34 pm

Some paraffin, charcoal, bit of wood and some steam oil (I'd go for Morris Universal) possibly a small amount of coal but wood should be fine to get you going.
You'll likely need a blower on a 2" but a decent extension might be enough with wood.
Avoid over filling the fire box and watch out for the grate getting clogged up and starving it of air.

Your not a million miles away from me so if you want any small coal I've got bucket loads of small stuff here.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

What's needed for my first steaming  Empty Re: What's needed for my first steaming

Post  baggycanoe Thu 03 Sep 2020, 8:34 pm

Thanks for your advise
Chimney extension what material should it be made of

baggycanoe

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Fri 04 Sep 2020, 9:24 pm

You can use anything really, but plastic, if its metal watch out if its cold as it will be like having a plug in the chimney Laughing

With a bit of ingenuity you can use something like a small computer fan to knock up a electric blower, if its being used directly on top of the chimney keep an eye on heat levels at it wont last very long once the fire takes up, but can he useful to get things going, or use a inverted Y piece to avoid direct exhaust going through the fan, if that makes sense.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down