Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burrell Roller First Kit - January 2017

+4
Steve Traill
Robfishman
Mark the spark
Steam Traction World
8 posters

Go down

Burrell Roller First Kit - January 2017 Empty Burrell Roller First Kit - January 2017

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 20 Dec 2016, 10:13 am

Good Morning All,

Just a quick update for those customers who have ordered a Roller.

As i am sure you are aware it is our intention to despatch your first kit to you at the end of January. cheers cheers cheers

The running order initially for the Roller will be a little higgledy piggledy. Please take no notice of this. Up until he stage where your boiler is due then the Kit 'numbers' are no more than that and as such are 'just a number'. All the kits until the boiler are sub assemblies so if you receive a Kit 9 before a Kit 1 for example then please do not worry or panic. We keep a record of the logistics, kit numbers etc at this end and it's easier to leave something designed as a Kit 9 as kit 9 than relabel it to Kit 1 just because you received it in Month 1.....hope that rambling makes sense!

With this in mind your first Kit in January will actually be the tender. Labelled as Kit 7 it will be despatched while we are waiting for the front rolls, saddle casting and rear wheels to be delivered. The latest update we have on these, show we are expecting the wheels and rolls to be back from being rubbered in mid February which means we may end up supplying the Hornplate Kit in February (Kit 9) with rolls, saddle etc then following on from there.

I hope what i have said above makes sense.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Burrell Roller First Kit - January 2017 Empty Re: Burrell Roller First Kit - January 2017

Post  Mark the spark Tue 20 Dec 2016, 1:11 pm

Hi Dean
How many rollers have you now sold?
Mark

Mark the spark

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Burrell Roller First Kit - January 2017 Empty Re: Burrell Roller First Kit - January 2017

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 20 Dec 2016, 1:22 pm

Hi Mark,

I don't have the info in front of me but i think we must be close to the 20 mark as last time i looked we were at 17. Initial batch of 25 so still a few to sell yet.

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Tue 20 Dec 2016, 2:33 pm

Great news indeed. bounce
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Traill Wed 21 Dec 2016, 5:17 pm

It will be really nice to see a roller or two at a Rally in a couple of years time, they are as rare as hens teeth usually! Apart from the Road Roller associations one at Dorset and a two inch scale one I think that is all I've seen.

You will have to run them with 'L' plates on the road though until you take the test! ridiculous really as you can drive a full size Showmans on a standard licence (with Grandfather rights). The up side is you can take your test on a 4" and it covers you for full size! I heard of one test being done on a 2" engine and succeeding!
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Thu 22 Dec 2016, 7:54 pm

Steve Traill wrote:It will be really nice to see a roller or two at a Rally in a couple of years time, they are as rare as hens teeth usually!  Apart from the Road Roller associations one at Dorset and a two inch scale one I think that is all I've seen.

We have a regular 4" roller doing the rounds in Hampshire but its normally the only one at any of the rallies I've been too around the central south.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Fri 27 Jan 2017, 1:21 pm

So with the first kit due for delivery today (or in my case being collected from the courier tomorrow) has anyone decided on their colour scheme as yet?

Robfishman
Robfishman

Back to top Go down

Burrell Roller First Kit - January 2017 Empty Roller at Stotfold Mill 2016

Post  LazySmurfer Fri 27 Jan 2017, 2:23 pm

Burrell Roller First Kit - January 2017 14495310
LazySmurfer
LazySmurfer

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  NorfolkModelSteam Sat 28 Jan 2017, 5:47 pm

I'm thinking of the Burrell Crimson Lake from Craftmaster. I have a Markie Little Gem roller I'm thinking of repainting as a test.

NorfolkModelSteam

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-15

Back to top Go down

Burrell Roller First Kit - January 2017 Empty My Roller

Post  Steve H Sat 28 Jan 2017, 7:23 pm

I am toying with all Black, but it's still  early.
Steve  H Very Happy
Steve H
Steve H

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2014-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Sun 29 Jan 2017, 9:47 pm

I think I am likely to base it on Burrell Road Roller 4025, "Pride of Dorset" although there is quite a few lines to do.

Burrell Roller First Kit - January 2017 32556033616_7f4a157d75
Robfishman
Robfishman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down