Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burrell Roller

+13
NorfolkModelSteam
Steve H
Robfishman
Steam Traction World
thehawk
Watts&Son
iain
hartshaulage
Julia
Tim Watson
LiveSteam
mikero
Steve Traill
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Burrell Roller - Page 2 Empty Re: Burrell Roller

Post  Robfishman Tue 28 Jun 2016, 6:48 pm

Great news Greg, and welcome to the world of the STW owners club, hope to see you in a month or so's time, drop me a line when your down and I'll put the kettle on.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Burrell Roller - Page 2 Empty 4" roller

Post  Watts&Son Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:17 pm

Spoke to Dean today, very happy to sign up, can't wait for the first kit. Regards David.

Watts&Son

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  NorfolkModelSteam Sun 24 Jul 2016, 9:29 pm

If anyone is a Facebook user I've started a group for the builders to post pics and updates to once the kits start arriving next year!

https://www.facebook.com/Burrell-Roller-Builders-Group-295727657438891/?skip_nax_wizard=true

NorfolkModelSteam

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Sun 24 Jul 2016, 10:32 pm

Could also just post to the forum. I'm sure there will soon be a specific thread.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwiconnection Sun 24 Jul 2016, 10:53 pm

Why open a facebook page when you have a perfectly good forum right in front of you ???????? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Kiwiconnection
Kiwiconnection

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  NorfolkModelSteam Sun 24 Jul 2016, 11:00 pm

Kiwiconnection wrote:Why open a facebook page when you have a perfectly good forum right in front of you ???????? Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm of the Facebook generation! It sits as a neat app on my phone, quick access to my pictures and can share with friends and family if they're interested in progress.! If nobody else uses it it'll still be a record for me!

NorfolkModelSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Mon 25 Jul 2016, 10:09 am

Part of me agrees, the problem with the forum is that it's quite long winded to post pictures to compaired to social media outlets. But I'll still post to here.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Mon 25 Jul 2016, 10:49 pm

Facebook doesnt really work in a discusional format from what I've found, its an ideal platform for one off's and a gathering of like minds for an event but trying to follow anything on there just seems to be a complete nightmare and its not possible to actually search for anything of use, within seconds stuff gets buried in folks posting pictures of their dinner and stupid cat videos which can be seen on youtube anyway and I'm really not interested in someone "liking" some random twisted Daily Fail story either Rolling Eyes
But as I said its very good platform for the ealier reasons above and for that it cant be matched really.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  NorfolkModelSteam Mon 25 Jul 2016, 11:18 pm

Interesting! I'll certainly be a regular on this forum, with my limited skills and the first time a project of this scale I will definitely need the advice and guidance from more experienced people! I am a Member of a few Facebook groups for Mamod and Wilesco owners as well one entitled miniature traction engines who regularly post and since it's a closedgroup all I see is pictures of members engines and projects which is quite interesting and when someone posts it flashes up on my phone lock screen so I don't have to view all the other trash on there! I asked a question in the miniature traction engines group about STW and advice on going ahead and within a few hours I'd got 10 replies, many more than on this forum in the same time frame! There also seemed to be several comments on the forum about lack of posts and not much activity so just thought another avenue might be welcomed. From the responce so far it looks like it'll just be my own digital build diary to direct friends and family to should they show a glimmer of interest!

NorfolkModelSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve H Tue 26 Jul 2016, 1:59 pm

My only qualms with the Forum,as is,is the fact that people have a habit in posting there own build diaries,in the general model Sub-forums.
If the kept their own builds within the "Owners Photos" ,it would enable people to search,for important info i.e modifications,shortcuts,pitfalls or just general advice, rather than somebody whittling on.

And before you ask I am not  Victor Meldrew.

Steve H Very Happy
Steve H
Steve H

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2014-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  NorfolkModelSteam Fri 14 Oct 2016, 9:38 am

I dropped Dean an e mail to see how they are progressing and first kit is still targeted for January and the castings for the saddle are on order! I really need to start buying some tools!

NorfolkModelSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  He Who Must Not Be Blamed Fri 14 Oct 2016, 1:47 pm

Steve H wrote:
And before you ask I am not  Victor Meldrew.

Burrell Roller - Page 2 Vmeldrew
He Who Must Not Be Blamed
He Who Must Not Be Blamed

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2013-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Fri 14 Oct 2016, 1:58 pm

I better get my finger out and finish the Showmans then. 👍🏻
Robfishman
Robfishman

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwiconnection Fri 14 Oct 2016, 8:26 pm

People on this forum are pointing out that not much seems to be happening!!! Not a surprise if new builders are starting Facebook groups for specific builds. It won’t be long before there will be no input at all on this forum. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Kiwiconnection
Kiwiconnection

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Fri 14 Oct 2016, 8:31 pm

Far better to post here, although I've been neglecting my duty and not posting so I'm equally guilty for a quiet forum.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwiconnection Fri 14 Oct 2016, 8:44 pm

Rob, at least you post on the forum even if it’s infrequent. Not everyone can spend all their spare time building. I am in the process of drawing up the log pole trailer from the photos and drawing you sent to me a number of years ago, so might start another thread in the not too distant future. Very Happy Very Happy
Kiwiconnection
Kiwiconnection

Back to top Go down

Post  NorfolkModelSteam Fri 14 Oct 2016, 8:58 pm

Kiwiconnection wrote:People on this forum are pointing out that not much seems to be happening!!! Not a surprise if new builders are starting Facebook groups for specific builds. It won’t be long before there will be no input at all on this forum. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

It's the second time you've had a dig about me starting a Facebook group, I get it! As can be seen, I had an update following an e mail I sent to Dean so thought I'd share it here first, I don't think I'll be in much of hurry next time!

NorfolkModelSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwiconnection Fri 14 Oct 2016, 9:14 pm

No personal dig intended. It’s just that if more and more people branch out to other social networks then the forum becomes a non-entity. This would be a shame that all the knowledge that is gained by current builders will be overlooked, especially if it’s a new product that is being built for the first time. By all means publish your considerable efforts on Facebook, but please copy it to this forum as well, there are still a lot of people who don’t want to be involved with social media. If I had the room I would certainly be joining you in the roller build, so I am looking forward to your input as and when you start your build. Very Happy Very Happy
Kiwiconnection
Kiwiconnection

Back to top Go down

Post  hartshaulage Fri 14 Oct 2016, 9:24 pm

I think things have been quiet Kiwiconnection is mainly its been rally season so we've all been out and about rallying, i tend to post photos to my personal facebook page as its just easier as can be done whilst im on the rally field, hopefully if i remember and get time to upload to photo bucket ill be posting my diary more over winter when the engine is stripped down to rectify some faults that appeared over the last 3 and half months from her first steaming

Russ
hartshaulage
hartshaulage

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2014-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark the spark Mon 05 Dec 2016, 3:13 pm

How many firm orders are STW up to on the roller?

Mark the spark

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  elwood-59 Mon 05 Dec 2016, 5:54 pm

Hello,

As being one of those who post a diary (sort-of) in the sub-group of the engine they built and also is not so keen, or interested in Facebook and the like, I still would prefer to see the progress of others in one place - the STW forum - rather than all over the different FB groups. Also I hoped to get and really got help and support from others here, whereas in FB I seem to see more posts of "look I am here" kind of thing (my 5 cents!!) but, yes, might also be due to the groups I look at.

So to me, let`s continue to post here where the STW famliy meets (or should Embarassed ) and if one really sees need he can still post a link to the other side.

Back to topics Burrell Roller

Elwood

As a afterthought: How would you others out there like to have it: the built reports in Owners Group or in the sub-group of the real built? Comments please - oh, yes, that would be off-topic here, too Sleep
elwood-59
elwood-59

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2014-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Fri 16 Dec 2016, 7:59 am

Invoice received so it won't be long now.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Back to top Go down

Post  NorfolkModelSteam Fri 16 Dec 2016, 10:41 pm

I have my invoice too! Hopefully Santa will be delivering an angle grinder, some polycarbide discs and some patio cleaner in anticipation of all those spokes that will need cleaning up! Where will be the best place on the forum to start my build thread once the kits start coming? I'm very keen to be an active forum member!

NorfolkModelSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwiconnection Sat 17 Dec 2016, 2:36 am

I think you will find STW will open a build category for the rollers when they are first delivered. I hope you have a successful build and please post as much as you can with photographs, I will be very interested as I might jump in myself in the not too distant future. Also Dean and Steve regularly peruse the forum to keep up to date with progress and any problems discovered during the build. Merry Christmas to all the builders out there and happy modelling in the New Year. santa santa santa
Kiwiconnection
Kiwiconnection

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2