Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isoflex etc.

4 posters

Go down

Isoflex etc. Empty Isoflex etc.

Post  steamlaser Thu 12 May 2016, 8:58 am

I need to purchase some Isoflex to stick on my tyres and seal the water tank.
I looked at the local Screwfix site and they sell a single product. ( which for 2.5 L is quite expensive!).
However I am unclear if you have to buy a primer and also a main product? The local supplier seem to sell only one can ?

Also when you assemble the wheels, do you need to Loctite the rivet headed screws to the Strakes before doing up the nuts? If so, what grade of Loctite should be used? (I cannot seem to be able to buy any Loctite from local suppliers )
Many thanks

steamlaser

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2014-11-13

Back to top Go down

Isoflex etc. Empty Re: Isoflex etc.

Post  Mike King Thu 12 May 2016, 9:55 am

Hi,
They sell isoflex in b&q. You have to use isoflex primer. Also, you would be wise to use isiflex cleaner to tidy up the mess. If not petrol. This stuff is messy, believe me.
With regards to loctite, i cant remember if they sent me some with the kit.
Mike

Mike King

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2014-09-04

http://www.mikekingphotography.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Thu 12 May 2016, 2:31 pm

B&q as stated above. Isoflex primer on both surfaces. Think until tacky dry. Then the main event. Paper overalls. Old tarp on floor. I found clean rubber gloves after each attach. Helps to keep the mess down.
After each wheel. Clean up the area for the next. Remember to hang the wheels upright until set. Cheepo brushes and throw after session. Isoflex has a shelf life after opening so plan ahead.

The loctite is for the, as I found, few rivets that are not tight and spin when nut winding.

lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Isoflex etc. Empty Isoflex etc.

Post  calimods Tue 17 May 2016, 3:54 pm

I was told when I wanted Isoflex at B & Q that they were in the process of doing away with it, and didn't stock it anymore. I got mine on the internet from Wickes but you cannot buy it in their shop outlets. I tried Screwfix and they didn't stock it either. Rolling Eyes

calimods

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down