Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shows with 2" Burrells

3 posters

Go down

Shows with 2" Burrells Empty Shows with 2" Burrells

Post  RMc Fri 17 Jul 2015, 7:18 pm

Does anyone know of shows at which I could see 2" performing. Its easy to find steam/vintage shows but difficult to find out if 2" Burrells will be there. Living in West scotland I am sure to have a long way to travel so would like to be sure that as a 2" builder I could see them in action.
Robert

RMc

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2014-11-26

Back to top Go down

Shows with 2" Burrells Empty Re: Shows with 2" Burrells

Post  LiveSteam Fri 17 Jul 2015, 7:46 pm

I've tend to find the 2" models more at indoor shows, or shows with model tents, the larger rallys in fields tend not to be very 2" friendly sheerly down to the fact they dont cope with the rough terrain of a field I suspect.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Fri 17 Jul 2015, 9:22 pm

Hi Robert.

Were you down at Kircudbright last weekend?

There are few shows in Scotland and as stated rally fields, especially the Scottish verity, are not really 2" friendly.

I think I seen posts of 2" at Masham a couple years ago but never been myself. There will be some steam at this weekends Tarbet sailers welfare event as a engine owner was talking about it at Kircudbright.

A call to Dean at STW towers might put you in contact with someone privately for a demonstration.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Shows with 2" Burrells Empty Shows with 2" Burrells

Post  RMc Sat 18 Jul 2015, 9:35 am

Thanks for comment - yes I know about Tarbert Jim the organiser brings his 4" to various events - I was hoping to see a number of 2" at a show but thats unlikely in Scotland.
Robert

RMc

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2014-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down