Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!!

+13
Steve Traill
forge
chrisnchrisroberts
hughb
Robfishman
Steam Traction World
bjwlancashire
Steel Steam
Tony King
lynnr
Vapor
sonick45
craig@STW
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! Empty Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!!

Post  craig@STW Tue 22 Mar 2011, 9:40 pm

well it's officially happening now. the contracts have been exchanged and we are hoping to complete early April.

i will let Dean come along (later) and add some comments but for now, here's a sneak look at the new building...

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! 0029027-2

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! 0029026-1

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! 0029036-1

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! 0029038-1

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! 0029033-1

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! 0014019-1-1

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! 0014023-1-1

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! 0014017-1
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! Empty Re: Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!!

Post  sonick45 Tue 22 Mar 2011, 10:23 pm

You could almost keep the same address and we'd still find you.

Looks nice.. I can just see Dean and Steve up on that mezzanine commanding the troops.

Wouldn't mind borrowing one of those lorries from the lads next door for the rally season either. Cool

sonick45

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! Empty Re: Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!!

Post  Vapor Wed 23 Mar 2011, 8:31 am

Well done lad's and lasses (Isobel), well you've reached the next milestone, the place looks fantastic I look forward to trying out the new tea bag when you’ve moved in Very Happy Very Happy

Ian
Vapor
Vapor

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! Empty New premises

Post  lynnr Wed 23 Mar 2011, 8:32 am

Congratulations and the best of fortunes for the future.

To infinity and beyond!
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! Empty New Unit

Post  Tony King Wed 23 Mar 2011, 10:19 am

I can see why Isobel can't wait to get out of the old premises, the new one's looking very posh & clean!! Looks huge too, bet it won't look so big when it's got all your "stuff" init........... That's "Essex" for "in it"!!
Well done & congratulations on all your achievements, a great team!! .......... Onwards & upwards!!
Kind regards
Tony

Tony King

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! Empty New Premises

Post  Steel Steam Wed 23 Mar 2011, 10:28 am

This is a very big positive step in the company's progression and a huge achievement by all of you at STW. Well done, the factory looks great. Can't wait to see it.......................

David Steel.

Steel Steam

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Wed 23 Mar 2011, 11:02 pm

Congratulations to you all, a very positive move indeed for STW.

I can't help thinking that it looks so big you will need to do a few more half size engines to fill it. Maybe Steve can finish the Stanley steamers now.

Good luck with the move too, that will take some doing when your trying to keep us hungry engine builders stocked with goodies. Who is project managing the move? Microsoft Project anyone?

Looks like the June dates mentioned in another thread my be feasible now - any comments Dean?
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 24 Mar 2011, 2:25 pm

I'm sort of project managing it (joint effort with Steve on the big decisions) and it's a bloody nightmare! Been planning this for a couple of months now but everything changes so quickly that it then compacts on to everything else.

Additional to the planning what goes where, cnc machines, packing, welding, manual area, tool stores etc, making sure there's a decent flow through, I need to make sure the welding bays built before the floor is painted, the electrics are installed at the same time as the pnuematics but before the machines are moved. The machine removal people can make the same week as the guys who commision and de-commision the machines. The phone lines and internet are in place before we move in, but at the same time not at the risk we lose them where we are, the stock and spares are packed and palletised but still ensuring if someone calls on a kit we can despatch it or if someone needs a spare we can find it!! The list is endless as is the amount of things we need to move! It also doesn't help, for example, when the electricians who quoted prior to purchase then doubled their price once we'd exchanged!! Mad Mad Mad . They didn't get the job! or when the Dexion people who say they call you back never do etc etc.

I'm trying to do it with as little impact on production as possible, with as little down time as we can. Never ever again.....this will be the only time we move and please remember to quote me on that should we ever say different.

Oh and i forgot to mention this all needs too be done around the sodding Royal Wedding, May Day, Good (or not so Good) Friday and Easter Monday!

Latest update is as follows:

We are hoping to officially complete on the purchase (yes, purchase we are buying not renting) on April 13th or before. Once we exchanged last Thursday it had been agreed and written in to the contracts that we could have access to start work between exchange and completion. The seller then quickly dissapeared to Portugal for a week leaving all our plans for this week in ruins. So here's what we are intending to do should everything happen as they are supposed to:

April 6th - 8th: Welding Bay built
April 11th - 28th: Electrics installed
April 16th & 17th: Floor Cleaned - Volunteers needed lol
April 18th - 21st: Pnuematics Installed
April 22nd - 26th: Factory Floor Painted - More Volunteers needed
May 3rd - 9th: Commisioning & de-commisioning of Machines
May 4th & 5th or 5th & 6th: Machines Removed and dropped in new premises

In between all this, before during and after we will be setting up the new office furniture, installing Dexion racking and shelving for the kits and spares plus trying to clear out the old premises. More volunteers needed please! Very Happy

Oh Yeah and then there's the Open day (good job i have nothing else to do lol):

We hope to have this on June 11th & 12th. Currently we are waiting for confirmation from John Saunders (owner of the Saunders collection) that he will be our guest of honour and officially open the factory for us, bringing with him Ex Mayor for the weekend. If everything goes to plan we intend to invite all our customers to visit, bringing with them should they wish to do so, their finished engines to steam or their part finished engines to show or just themselves.
All being well we will do 'new' factory tours, have a bbq or something on the go, refreshments available (a bar or at least a load of cans) and if we are lucky a band for the Saturday evening. If even a quarter of our customers with completed engines turn up to steam it will be one mighty impressive get together.
Once things are a bit more firm one of our customers, David Steel, will be writing to customers to let them know officially (new address details etc) plus asking them if they will be attending, if they will be bringing an engine and giving them information on local B&B's, hotels or even a space in our caravan!

Watch this space for now.

All the best

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! Empty Know what you mean!

Post  lynnr Thu 24 Mar 2011, 2:53 pm

I use to work for Sprocket and Sulvesta A.K.A. Alliance & Leicester and was tasked with moving a 1000 seat call centre in 1 weekend with 2 weeks notice!

What fun...... Not!

They then went and closed it 6 months later.

Not sure about attending the party. Need to have a chat about the next couple kits.
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Fri 25 Mar 2011, 5:27 pm

Lynn

I was in STW last night collecting a couple more kits and suggested to Dean that you should arrange to collect your boiler that same weekend, kill two birds with one stone so to speak. Just a thought!

I saw lots of boilers on the go last night Laughing Laughing

Brian

PS: Maybe Steve could clone Dean so we can have one doing the move and one planning the open weekend Razz
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Fri 25 Mar 2011, 5:55 pm

two deans affraid affraid yeah right Mad
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Fri 25 Mar 2011, 11:01 pm

Sounds great, welldone. Great if Ex-Mayor is there....I'll bring my RAL chart!!
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Sat 26 Mar 2011, 9:56 pm

Hi guys
Well haot can I say but well done and at last it has been a long time now .good luck to all Cool cyclops
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! Empty Webcams

Post  lynnr Mon 11 Apr 2011, 2:54 pm

Hi

Are you installing webcams all over the place. Like Bruichladdich Very Happy

lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisnchrisroberts Mon 11 Apr 2011, 10:00 pm

I could get a few cars in that shed.

chrisnchrisroberts

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Wed 13 Apr 2011, 2:52 pm

it is official, we have now completed on the new building cheers cheers cheers
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  forge Wed 13 Apr 2011, 6:10 pm

Great news.
Will look forward to a visit.

still trying to decide on my next project.

4" DCC road loco, 6" foden or 6" something else????
forge
forge

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:54 pm

so we had to toast the new building today. champagne and sunshine... it's a hard life you know Laughing Laughing

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! Stw3005

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! Stw3006

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! Stw3007-1

the team...

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! Stw3016

for those that don't know...

left to right: Steve (boss), Dean (the other boss), Isabel (diamond in the rough Wink ), Lee U (turning), Mike (packing), Lee M (boiler maker), Ian (manual work), Craig (milling, production management, forum), Mark (milling).

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! Stw3017-1

Last edited by craig@STW on Tue 19 Apr 2011, 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! Empty Nice

Post  lynnr Mon 18 Apr 2011, 8:22 pm

Nice to put face to name :-)

three cheers to STW

lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Ain't no stoppin' us now, we're on the move !!! Empty Well Done

Post  Steve Traill Mon 18 Apr 2011, 11:33 pm

What a team! thanks for showing me around the factory the other day, it's going to make a great 'home' for Steam Traction World. Looking forward to the open day. cheers cheers cheers
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  sonick45 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 11:45 pm

Nice blue glove you've got on Dean. Dare i ask what you did?

sonick45

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:01 am

sonick45 wrote:Nice blue glove you've got on Dean. Dare i ask what you did?

broke his thumb Neutral

Last edited by craig@STW on Tue 19 Apr 2011, 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : been told off)
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  Vapor Tue 19 Apr 2011, 9:22 am

craig@STW wrote:
sonick45 wrote:Nice blue glove you've got on Dean. Dare i ask what you did?

someone kicked him up the arse Wink

Truth be known it's too many years of self abuse Twisted Evil Very Happy
Vapor
Vapor

Number of posts : 383

Back to top Go down

Post  LilyJack Tue 19 Apr 2011, 1:31 pm

Bonjour n all that european twoddle,

Not sure but I may have my engine available for said weekend, I'll give her a bit of a clean up n what-not. I dont know if I'll be working or not or even in England at that time due to work burning down (see Corby warehouse fire 3 weeks ago at the pharmaceutical firm) Shocked No I wasnt in the warehouse 'avin a fag.
Anyways, me moby number is 07535269826. Give us the nod if you want me engine there n I'll see what I can do for you. (I'm on holiday this week and have no desire to be contacted from work unless urgent) but you can text me, I turn me dog n bone on about 6 pm is for half hour then turn it off again)

Good to see you're all doing good on the business front tho, pukka looking premises as well. Isobel's gonna think she's died n gone to heaven in that office though!!

Best Regards

LilyJack Cool

LilyJack

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Tue 19 Apr 2011, 4:09 pm

would be nice to get as many customer models as possible, even the half built non running ones. I'm sure we could find space to lay them all out in appropriate groups.

also going to be plenty of room for running models to steam up. the estate is very quiet at the wekend Cool
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next