Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Download 3D model of 2" Burrell

+2
hughb
Steam Traction World
6 posters

Go down

Download 3D model of 2" Burrell Empty Download 3D model of 2" Burrell

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 28 Apr 2009, 11:31 pm

Hi everyone.

Have a look at the 2" Burrell Products Page on the main website. You can now download the full design. Well, as it was about a month ago!
Save the download to your desktop or where ever you prefer, but save it with the file extension .easm. You will need to have previously downloaded the eDrawings viewer. You should be able to see every part, do cross sections, hide parts, create perspective views etc. Shocked

We will update the file sometime next month with a newer version.

Have fun Very Happy

Regards

Steve & Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Download 3D model of 2" Burrell Empty Re: Download 3D model of 2" Burrell

Post  hughb Wed 29 Apr 2009, 7:25 pm

Thanks I will try it .... Fingers crossed
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  northburrell Thu 30 Apr 2009, 12:12 am

Hi Steve.

Thanks for that. do you know if it will work in 3D studio max?

Jo

northburrell

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Fri 01 May 2009, 11:06 am

Hi Jo

Absolutely no idea. Try it and see. I suspect it won't work but you can still download eDrawings. It is free.

Regards

Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wallsie68 Fri 05 Jun 2009, 3:52 pm

Has anyone manged to get this to work? I get a message from eDrawings saying that "The file was created in a future version of edrawings" with the latest copy of eDrawings I can download. The Burrell 4" and Foden seem to work ok, and look very useful for seeing how everything fits together.
wallsie68
wallsie68

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Sat 06 Jun 2009, 10:26 am

Hi guys well I have now got this but It took my brother and 4 cans of beer . Laughing
Too get it to work {the beer with all I could do to help} bounce lol!
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  northburrell Tue 09 Jun 2009, 7:56 pm

Hi Steve.

I found a plugin for Max called polytrans that converts the files into 3ds max format.

could you take a look at solid works and see what file formats you can save it as.. either .3ds. or auto cad format DWG. DXF..

I got the demo version of polytrans but it removes every 5th polygon on the model : (

if i can get it into 3ds max I can do some fancy renders of the models for you : )

I could also do animations explaining how stuff works. moving parts. etc etc..

any help greatfull. i'll keep searching my end but if you can let me know what file format your able to save out your solidworks files as that would be great.

Thanks

Jo

northburrell

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Wed 10 Jun 2009, 5:40 pm

Hi Jo

I can save files as;

parasolid, parasolid binary, step, sat, stl, wrl,cgr,asm,zgl,hcg,hsf plus the normal pdf, jpeg tif etc

Regards

Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  northburrell Wed 10 Jun 2009, 7:22 pm

Cool, thanks Steve i'm looking into it now and i'll send you a mail if any of those will work..

If I can get them rendered out and looking almost photo realistic it might help you guys out in some way or form.. I got those nice leaflets you've done might work for some renders to go along with the photo's..

Cheers

Jo

northburrell

Back to top Go down

Post  northburrell Wed 10 Jun 2009, 8:54 pm

I think i might have solved the problem.. I'm hopeing i can collapse the mesh to be a normal max mesh. I can then manually patch the holes in 3ds Max and render it...all sounds easy but i bet it's not going to be! worth it I hope..
I'v been making the evening star and it's turning out to be very hard to find blueprints to get it correct.it'll be nice to have a full blown solidworks mesh to play with...Very Happy i'll update if it works hopefully get some renders too!

all the best.

Jo

northburrell

Back to top Go down

Download 3D model of 2" Burrell Empty 3d Download

Post  Big Al Wed 10 Jun 2009, 10:35 pm

I tried to download the drawings and succeeded in viewing the entire image and turning it around but there was no way to save it to a file I could open up with the software. Thw image I was playing with was an online image and no option to save. What am I doing wrong?

Al

Big Al

Number of posts : 147

Back to top Go down

Download 3D model of 2" Burrell Empty Download 3D model of 2" Burrell

Post  wallsie68 Thu 11 Jun 2009, 9:14 am

I managed to download all three EASM files (Burrell 2", 4" and the Foden) by right-clicking on the "EASM Download Click Here" icon on the appropriate product page. I then followed the instructions and downloaded the eDrawings viewer.

I can view the 4" Burrell and Foden models and its great to be able to see how the model goes together in design, plus be able to look at each of the individual components or sub-assemblies. Being fairly new to this game its sometimes hard to picture how it all works until you get the bits - and even then its not always obvious Shocked

The problem for me is that when trying to open the Burrel 2" EASM file I get an error indicating that a new version of eDrawings is needed, even though I think I have download the latest version available from their web-site.

Download 3D model of 2" Burrell Edrawi10

Am I doing something wrong - has anyone else successfully viewed the 2" model with an eDrawings download? I'm guessing the 2" EASM file has been saved for a later version of the viewer?
wallsie68
wallsie68

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  northburrell Thu 11 Jun 2009, 2:15 pm

Hi Guys i've had no problems with it in Edrawings and I dont an error message..It says what you need to do in that error message! you need the updated viewer.. You might have to uninstall the old one before getting the new one.....click the link to download edrawing from there site but download the profesional version trial.. you get given a code that you need to ctrl c (copy) then load up edrawings go to help drop down then register enter the trial code then re-load edrawings.. you will now get fancy reflections and can do more stuff (kills slow PC's) i'v had it working, the model is missing bits it's basicly as far as we are in the kit range so no safety valves or whistle are there plus other bits missing..

Steven could you update the file for the Edrawings so that all the parts are there for other users...

I got a full copy of polytrans but it wont open Edrawing files only raw Solidworks files...So Steve I need to speak to you about getting a file saved out as either solidworks or step file.. I can then get this saved in polytrans as .3Ds max file, open it in Max and do some renders for you guys.. : ) I have also found a nice program that takes 3D models and flattens them out. it then puts tabs on the edges so you can print on card and make a little paper models of your 3D model... Very Happy

Jo

northburrell

Back to top Go down

Post  northburrell Thu 11 Jun 2009, 2:39 pm

Steve I found the Solidworks GA for the 4" version you sent me back in the Modelworks days, i'll try that out at home tonight and I should be able to get it into 3Ds Max and get some results..

Jo

northburrell

Back to top Go down

Download 3D model of 2" Burrell Empty 3D model download.

Post  chrisnchrisroberts Mon 20 Jul 2009, 10:45 am

After seeing everybodys attempt to download the 3D files for the 2" model, I thought I would have a go. There appeared to be enough info on the site, but after a while, it was a toss up as to me getting the model finished first or the download finished first. At the moment, neither seems to be coming over the horizon. Chris

chrisnchrisroberts

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down