Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cylinder, slidebars, wayshaft bracket issue?

3 posters

Go down

Cylinder, slidebars, wayshaft bracket issue? Empty Cylinder, slidebars, wayshaft bracket issue?

Post  Ian G Fri 28 Feb 2014, 5:30 pm

I've been trying to put the slidebars and wayshaft bracket on today and have encountered a problem. With the gasket under the bracket the lower slidebar is to high and without the gasket it is too low. Has anyone else encountered this before. I am considering making a new gasket to bring the bracket to the correct heigt.

Ian G

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Cylinder, slidebars, wayshaft bracket issue? Empty Re: Cylinder, slidebars, wayshaft bracket issue?

Post  hudmut Sat 01 Mar 2014, 11:55 am

There is lot's of ways around this as I had the same problem to but I have a full machine shop to fix it so was easy. If you make a new gasket you move every thing not just your slide bar but all so your valve rod piston rod and then even your con rod could hit a slide bar mine is very close to doing that. first of bolt it all up and see if every thing is out or just the one slide bar if its just the one bar you can shim it out to fit because I found every thing has been made to take in to account the thickness of the gasket so fitting a thinner one might not be the way forward. on the other side of the coin drop the rear cylinder cover of and refit it the other way up and see what the does for you it my not be your bracket after all.
hudmut
hudmut

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-07-05

https://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/hudmut/My%20little%20se

Back to top Go down

Cylinder, slidebars, wayshaft bracket issue? Empty Weigh shaft bracket

Post  Steve Traill Sat 01 Mar 2014, 9:00 pm

On the Road Loco the weighshaft bracket has grub screws drilled & tapped into the bottom next to each fixing hole. This gives a fine adjustment to the setting up. It would be fairly easy to add this feature.
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Cylinder, slidebars, wayshaft bracket issue? Empty Re: Cylinder, slidebars, wayshaft bracket issue?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down