Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - WILL AFFECT ALL CURRENT CUSTOMERS - PLEASE READ!!

5 posters

Go down

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - WILL AFFECT ALL CURRENT CUSTOMERS - PLEASE READ!! Empty IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - WILL AFFECT ALL CURRENT CUSTOMERS - PLEASE READ!!

Post  Steam Traction World Fri 26 Apr 2013, 9:58 am

Dear All,

It is with great regret we have to inform you that from July 2013 Steam Traction World will only be sending kits to customers once payment for that kit has been received. We will NO LONGER be giving 7 days credit.

We have always tried to be fair by manufacturing your kits and sending them in 'good faith'. We simply asked that payment be made within 7 days of receipt. Many customers adhere to this however more and more lately customers are taking weeks/months/never to pay us and Isabel is spending far too much of her day chasing money (calling people numerous times and then writing to people etc). For example 25% of one current model in production are 3 months or more overdue and that's just the tip of the iceberg!!

We will be sending a letter to every customer during the next four weeks explaining that we will from July be calling customers the day of despatch for a card payment. Should a debit or credit card not be your preferred method of payment we would ask you to send a post dated cheque in to us at least two weeks before the end of the month which will be held in your file until the kit is ready to be sent. As soon is it is ready to be collected it will then be banked. Standing orders payments are still fine.

We apologise that we have been forced to take this drastic action, an inconsiderate few have spoilt it for the majority. We thank those who did pay regularly and hope they understand the reasons behind the change.

All the best

Dean & Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - WILL AFFECT ALL CURRENT CUSTOMERS - PLEASE READ!! Empty Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - WILL AFFECT ALL CURRENT CUSTOMERS - PLEASE READ!!

Post  Tony King Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:39 am

I'm very sorry to hear that some customers are letting you down like this Evil or Very Mad
However, I think that payment in advance is totally the correct thing to do, I can't think of any other company that has traded as you have, showing such trust to your customers.
I certainly don't have a problem with the change & I'm sure 99% of your customers won't either!! Very Happy
Shame on those that haven't paid as they agreed to do at the start................... "Arse-holes"
Regards,
Tony

Tony King

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - WILL AFFECT ALL CURRENT CUSTOMERS - PLEASE READ!! Empty Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - WILL AFFECT ALL CURRENT CUSTOMERS - PLEASE READ!!

Post  martinj Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:37 pm

Hi Dean and Steve

Entirely agree with Tony but as one who isn't always in the country to answer the phone and give card details can I suggest an alternative method.
Send me an email (or even announce on the forum that the kit is ready) and I will organise an internet banking payment. I would also be able to give a date when it would be preferable to accept delivery.
I appreciate this wouldn't suit everyone but if we all register our preferred method with you, it could make it convenient for all and reduce the number of calls Isabel has to make.

Martin

martinj

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Fri 26 Apr 2013, 1:36 pm

Good point Martin.

Yes we'll do that also.

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ptolomy Fri 26 Apr 2013, 6:19 pm

I salute you, you are doing the right thing and I cant see any reason for anyone to object for paying up front for what they know will be a superbly engineered and manufactured kit. All I would say though is beware of the cheque. If you've had a few problem payers I wouldn't be surprised if a few of those might be of the rubber variety. I only say that because I know from personal experience

Ptolomy

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Fri 26 Apr 2013, 10:14 pm

A cheque, not used one of those for a while. Lol.

Yes as above you won't get any complaints this end either, it's good practice, but a shame so many builders are behind. Only question (doesn't need an answer) why wait till July.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:06 pm

rob

Cos we thought it was polite to give customers notice.

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down