Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE

+4
sonick45
hughb
highpressure
Steam Traction World
8 posters

Go down

KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE Empty KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 24 Dec 2009, 6:50 pm

Hi All,

Can I please remind everyone about our policy for payment.

We currently despatch all our kits prior to receiving payment as a good will gesture. Normally we include in the kit an invoice which we ask to be paid by Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Transfer or cheque within 7 days of receiving your kit. We do this as a matter of trust and rely on our customers paying us promptly.

As of close of business today we are owed over £25k from customers that have exceeded the 7 days, and some are 30 days or more. This not only affects cash flow it also then means Isabel has to waste valuable time chasing invoices that are overdue when she could be chasing suppliers to ensure the material is in to get your next kit out.

Please make it your New Years resolution to pay us promptly. We do everything we can to despatch your kits on time and in return please pay for them when requested. For those customers who continue to pay extremely late we will have no alternative to start charging before despatch.

Your co-operation would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dean & Steve.

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE Empty Re: KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE

Post  highpressure Thu 24 Dec 2009, 8:12 pm

Come on guys I cant believe I'm reading this!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Steve and Dean have put everything on the line for us to get us a big toy to play with and thats how we repay them. It is exactly this kind of selfish thoughtless behavoir that will cause this venture to fold and then none of us will get our respective projects finished.

Lets not forget that by the time the kits arrive at us STW have had to buy the materials in machine them and pay the staff and then send them. The least we can do is pay up. Even if you use the Burrell 4" as an example price that is 45 customers who haven't paid!!!!!!!! and thats a conservative figure so it actually more!!! Most if not all of you must have met either Steve or Dean or both personally at some point and they also have families who rely on them. Embarassed Embarassed

Steve and Dean... in my personal opinion I would expect payment before despatch in the New Year as clearly goodwill is not enough and you cant afford to loose that amount.

And just in case anyone thinks I'm sat on a sh*t pile of dough to pay for mine I've had to sell several things to finance this operation and thats what commitment means, I'm prepared to do whats needed and honor my agreement.

Kevyn.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE Empty Re: KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE

Post  hughb Thu 24 Dec 2009, 8:30 pm

How can I put this

HUM HUM
As for me As far as I know it is now all payed for .I am the first to buy a wagon .. You guys sat there and said "WE would like a comitmont from you please " I could not bleveve this as. For my engine it was the first 12 kit in one ...............Now I understand and "Thankyou."
Some times my kits are late and not on time .Bits for it are not in /and other things .....NOT A PROB best to get thme later .

I agree with the last post pay then get ........

As for reading this not good think of all your probs and things that may be missing ................A well good service that is provided for US
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  sonick45 Fri 25 Dec 2009, 12:27 am

I sent an email to Isabel in November asking how and when payment should be made knowing that a kit was due out for delivery in december.
I did this as this is my first engine from STW and I wanted to get things right, thinking that i would be paying first before the kit arrived...

Before i had a reply the kit was on my doorstep..!!
I paid by bank transfer and it's really quick and easy..

To receive a kit and then ask for payment is very trusting and I agree as above,
Luckily in foresight I have a money set aside for STW so i could pay straight away...Not everyone has this set up and i'm guessing some have been caught short.. If this is the case then perhaps you should be questioning your commitments to the build..

STW should be making us wait for the kits until we have given them the cash...
Unfortunately stw has proved that not everyone can be trusting and it spoils it for everyone involved.

i hope that those who haven't paid up feel really bad and pay up ASAP.

I wish everyone a great christmas break and I echo Kevyn's words that STW have forked out a fortune to provide you with a magnificent toy.. The least we can do is pay them back what is due...

I for one would like to finish this kit knowing i have supported them as much as they are prepared to support us.

Nick

sonick45

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Waterways Sat 26 Dec 2009, 12:59 am

I just carn't believe that when we get the kit first people are not paying up cash flow is very important so materials can be ordered else we wont get our kits. I have just payed for my last 3 kits up front. If people do not pay up on time they should have their credit card charged before despatch.

Keith

Waterways

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.waterways-direct.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LilyJack Sun 27 Dec 2009, 9:38 am

£25k????

See, this is why I prefer droppin in there with the kerchings each month or two and come out with kits in me hand (ok I'm localish which makes that possible), but I also rang up Isobel over the phone n made my part boiler payment, but I look at my engine building up and I know it's only a 2" but I also owe no-one nothing on what I have and, when it's built, it's 100% mine, not the banks, not any buggers, all mine.

What bothers me slightly though reading this is that the "Good Faith" which the company has, could in fact cause STW to fold, that in turn would leave me with a 50% built engine, think you seriously need to look at changing your policy on payment immediately on this one guys because I for one would be one pi**ed off customer having spent all I can afford and then have sod all to show for it.
That's as gentle as I can word this..

Anyways, enough rattling on, cuppa time Very Happy

Regards

LilyJack Cool

LilyJack

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Sun 27 Dec 2009, 11:11 am

Guys,

I didn't realy post this so everyone would start a discussion on it or to scaremonger and although i appreciate everyone's comments and concerns the real reason i put it on here to give those people who have started to drag payment out a reminder of our 7 day policy and nudge in the right direction.

Alan, yes £25k is a large amount, however it is nothing to be overly concerned about. If i thought it was jepordising the business, affecting cashflow and risking peoples models then me being me, payments would be taken prior to despatch fullstop! What i am trying to do is stop it spirraling before it does have an impact. At the end of the day it's all relative. If for instance we had a million quid in the bank (we wish!) then it wouldn't affect the business in the slightest, but we don't. My biggest concern currently is not the cash it's the time Isabel spends chasing when she shouldn't have to. She has so many other things she needs to be doing just to get the kits out the door that it's valuable time wasted.

I hope you all had a great Christmas, roll on 2010.

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE Empty Kit Payment

Post  thehawk Wed 30 Dec 2009, 9:40 am

It might be too late to ask this question but with respect to the 4 inch Burrell (single cyl) would it be possible to pay in advance for the remaining kits? I'm just about to put the cheque in the post for Kit22, gratefully received on Christams Eve, and I was thinking that if kits 23 and 24 were paid for now could this be at the 15% VAT rate, saving me the cost of a pub lunch or two and helping Deans cash flow?

best wishes and Happy New year

Paul
thehawk
thehawk

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Vapor Wed 30 Dec 2009, 1:17 pm

Dean,

Name and shame the Bast#rds so we all know who they are, failing that let me know and i'll send the boy's round. Twisted Evil
Vapor
Vapor

Number of posts : 383

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down