Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Kit Photo

3 posters

Go down

Next Kit Photo Empty Next Kit Photo

Post  Steam Traction World Fri 04 May 2012, 10:06 am

Hi All,

As Craig has not had time to do it yet & as a little appetiser I have added a preview of the Front Wheels ready to be machined to our Face Book page.

You can view these at www.facebook.com/SteamTractionWorld

If you are a member of face book then please go to our page and 'Like' us to follow progress.

Where ever possible i will add things on here (photo's from shows, kit bits as i wander around the factory etc) as for me it's easier to add a picture to Face book using my iphone (as it is always on me!) and the App available than almost anything else.

As soon as Craig has chance he will add some other pictures to the forum. (hopefully this weekend)

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Next Kit Photo Empty Re: Next Kit Photo

Post  craig@STW Fri 04 May 2012, 5:44 pm

done it last night Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Question Question Question

click
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Next Kit Photo Empty production

Post  hippy dave Tue 08 May 2012, 9:16 pm

Wheels are looking good but i am guessing at least a few weeks till they are machined and rubbered and with us,a 2and half year build is looking unlikley 5 months in and only 2 kits fingers crossed
hippy dave
hippy dave

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

Next Kit Photo Empty Re: Next Kit Photo

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 08 May 2012, 9:40 pm

Hi,

Can't see any problem achieving the original timescale. As we stated at the meeting before Xmas, if we were to start in January the early months may be a few issues due to castings and patterns having to be made but this could soon be caught up.

All being well the wheels will be finished on the lathe around the end of next week and then they will be vulcanised. These should be back and despatched to customers by the end of the month, so two kits should go this month. We should then be able to send another two kits next month (the rear wheels). That then only puts us only one month behind the original plan and as the other castings come in I'm fairly confident we'll get another month where two kits can be sent at once.

It'll be worth the wait, just keep saving that monthly money and don't go spending it as we'll be calling on it soon Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Next Kit Photo Empty next kit

Post  hippy dave Wed 09 May 2012, 7:29 am

cheers dean Very Happy
hippy dave
hippy dave