Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Warden and the Steam Yachts

3 posters

Go down

Old Warden and the Steam Yachts Empty Old Warden and the Steam Yachts

Post  bjwlancashire Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:34 am

It's been a while since I updated my owners photos, too many weekends away rallying and the like.

It's the Bedford club's Old Warden rally next weekend and it is a 3 day event too this year. STW are there as usual and I know some of you are too. Tim Watson also provides a specatacle on the evening road run with his two trailer set up.

Also, I am now a passed driver of the Saunders collection Steam Yachts which will be being built up there as I write this. First outing was at Pickering as official crew member and finally got to drive the public on the Sunday. Also, becuase of a shortage of crew I had the pleasure of Looking after the Garrett Showmans Tractor, Little Billie. Took it on a couple of road runs too and got to drive an engine on the road - what a week.

Just done Dorset Steam Fair too, driving every day, in the evenings too. Trickest bit was running both sides at once with two driviers trying to keep the swing of each boat apart. If anyone is going to Old Warden next weekend please come and say hello and if you have not tried out the ride, please do - it must be the oldest white knuckle ride in the world. And for thiose with a mechanical curiosity it is an interesting engine too.

Hope to see some of you at Old Warden.

By the way, Steve is not a fan!!! He was talked into going on by Dean at Pickering and it was one of our special engineman's rides - vertical limit Razz Razz

Old Warden and the Steam Yachts P1010111

The office!! Not wearing my Sunday best in this picture but will be at Bedford - you have got to look the part Shocked

Old Warden and the Steam Yachts P1070510
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Old Warden and the Steam Yachts Empty Neck bender ride

Post  Steve Traill Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:50 pm

Steve mentioned the 'neck bender' rides for when the children are in bed, I went on it last year for a standard ride and it was very good, who's up for a 'neck bender' then at Bedford? geek
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Old Warden and the Steam Yachts Empty Re: Old Warden and the Steam Yachts

Post  sonick45 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:35 pm

Definitely up for some
Neck Bending.

I can vouch that this ride is up there on the thrill scale.

sonick45

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Old Warden and the Steam Yachts Empty Re: Old Warden and the Steam Yachts

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down