Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rally suggestions for 2010

3 posters

Go down

Rally suggestions for 2010 Empty Rally suggestions for 2010

Post  highpressure Tue 29 Dec 2009, 11:18 pm

Hi all,

I am now confident with the new engine and would like to try some of the other events around. Can anyone give me a few ideas of rallies they have been to that are worth a visit. I am located in West Sussex and dont mind a bit of a run, but need to think about time to get there and back on the Sunday with perhaps the family in tow and work to go to on Monday. Particularly looking for either miniature specials or ones that have a road run after the MSRVS who are supposed to be a society for ROAD vehicles have decided to pull their road run next year. Evil or Very Mad

Cheers Kev.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Rally suggestions for 2010 Empty Re: Rally suggestions for 2010

Post  Big Al Wed 30 Dec 2009, 9:19 am

Kev

I'll make the first suggestion then

Quainton, Nr Aylesbury, Bucks in September.

It is a combination of Aylesbury Vales club which has their minature railway track within the area of the Bucks Railway centre. So there are full size engines and sheds to look around as well as a number of small guage railways and old vehicles with the added bonus of lots of both scale and full size traction engines which culminates in a run to the villiage pubs about 1/2 mile away. Brings the centre of a small villiage to a standstill and the pub is highly rated with excellent selection of beers. It was one of the best I have been to and definitely going again. something to keep all the family amused

cheers Al

Big Al

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Wed 30 Dec 2009, 9:14 pm

Hay that dose sound good
I went to the one At Oaklands in StAlbns last year that was good Very Happy .It had all sizes and car boot tents ....Yes The Beer tent was good as well tongue
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down