Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big compliment to Steam Traction World and it's team

Go down

Big compliment to Steam Traction World and it's team Empty Big compliment to Steam Traction World and it's team

Post  karl heinz marschner Wed 13 Mar 2024, 11:53 am

Big compliment from Duesseldorf

If you have read my latest posts, they might sound as a big heap of criticism against STW. I want to emphasize, I never wanted to run STW down. Quite the contrary, I think their kits are eccellent. I am still having great fun assembling those thousands of parts. When I think about the wheels, the smoke box,the tender, the hornplates, the boiler, the exquisite cylinder, the crankshaft and it's bearings, the valve gear mechanism, the beautiful fly wheel, all those critical parts were made very precisely and fitted perfectly. Even the water pump, where I had to do some adjustments, is a fine piece of equipment. The only part which did not fit, was the tank top, which I had to rework.
Yes, I did encounter problems, but that made me even more fun, because I had to use my brain and find solutions. Doing this my Burrel became a very individual machine of mine. And all the difficulties I met so far, I could settle relatively easy with my own workshop equipment. And when I had questions I got help from Lynn. My wife mentioned to me, you have become ten years younger by putting this beast together. So, once more, great compliment to Steam Traction World and their team!

Last edited by karl heinz marschner on Wed 13 Mar 2024, 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional remark)
karl heinz marschner
karl heinz marschner

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Back to top Go down