Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foster Lubricator

2 posters

Go down

Foster Lubricator Empty Foster Lubricator

Post  thehawk Wed 31 Jan 2024, 12:11 pm

I'm having trouble assembling the Foster Lubricator. To be honest I think the Steam Fittings version supplied by STW is rubbish. How on earth are you supposed to insert and tighten the ram body from the inside of the lubricator when the ram body has a 13mm hex on it and there no way a 13 spanner can get in that small space to tighten it. It's doing my head in!

I note there are some past posts on Forum concerning difficulties and reliability of the Lubricator and I wish STW would take note of these comments and try to improve the product they offer.

I don't know how much less the kit version costs STW relative to a fully assembled item but I would have much preferred paying a bit more for the item to have been supplied fully assembled.  So I'm on the verge of buying a fully assembled lubricator with the external cog drive.

Anybody like to comment please?
thehawk
thehawk

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Foster Lubricator Empty Re: Foster Lubricator

Post  Steve Traill Thu 22 Feb 2024, 11:37 am

Most builders do buy a mechanical Foster lubricator & put the STW bits in the spares drawer. Regarding assembly I have had to adapt existing tools to get into tight spaces. Making standard spanners smaller & thinner so they fit a given space is essential for some of the fittings & just makes life easier.
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Foster Lubricator Empty Foster Luybricator

Post  thehawk Thu 07 Mar 2024, 4:54 pm

Thanks for your comments Steve.

That being the case I wish STW would give us the option, at an additional price, to receive a fully assembled unit.
thehawk
thehawk

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Mark the spark likes this post

Back to top Go down

Foster Lubricator Empty Re: Foster Lubricator

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down