Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Netley Marsh

4 posters

Go down

Netley Marsh  Empty Netley Marsh

Post  Robfishman Fri 22 Jul 2016, 5:21 pm

Spotted David and his engine on the BBC at Netley today, 25 seconds in.

https://www.facebook.com/BBCRadioSolent/videos/1012399042213524/
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Netley Marsh  Empty Re: Netley Marsh

Post  LiveSteam Fri 22 Jul 2016, 7:05 pm

Nice Cool Do we know how many miniatures are there ??

Was hoping to have the agri there but apparently they had enough miniatures by the time I enquired .......back in Febuary Crying or Very sad

Amuses me that they limit Steam at a "steam show" Neutral but dont seem to mind having loads of tractors, motor bikes and caravan awnings with horse shoes in them Neutral Dont get me wrong these items are interesting to the public but they shouldnt limit steam at a "steam show" surely Evil or Very Mad

Anyhow we're going tomorrow but as a MOP, we've never been so thought we'd have a look to see if its worth trying to get in early next year.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Fri 22 Jul 2016, 7:51 pm

Technically it's a Steam and Craft Show and only ever had a small number of engines due to space.  I guess there was 10 or so miniatures, I think you need to be quick as it's often the same ones there. You're right though loads of tractors.

It's certainly not the same show as 20 years ago for sure.  Still a good couple of hours spent over there this afternoon.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Sat 23 Jul 2016, 11:00 pm

Well it was a lovely show, definately very light on miniatures though  Crying or Very sad will try to get in next year,  how they can say they are short on space I really dont get, there was loads round by the sawing area, there was a bazillion stationary engines, which is fine but there was space for at least double the number of miniatures I felt if not more.
TBH the two rows stationary engines chugging away wasn't a very nice avenue to walk down due to the heat and stench of exhaust fumes they gave off. But then I'm sure the stationary engines say the same about the steam folks  Laughing but when you see a someone who has bought a small villiers robbed off a lawnmower going pop pop pop gets a place, yet I'm told they're full for miniatures when its billed as a STEAM show I dont get  Neutral not that I'm against stationary engines as I have one Embarassed
Not that I'm bitter about not getting in  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing maybe next year Cool

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Netley Marsh  Empty Netley Marsh

Post  calimods Sun 24 Jul 2016, 5:57 pm

It seems to be a similar position in the north of England as well reguarding getting into certain rallies, especially if your not known to the organisers, same engines, large & small year in year out, no wonder attendances are up & down. I agree with other comments about that 'sorry we're full' excuse when the shows are overrun by bloody tractors & motorbikes, pushbikes & spit bangs. Nothing against other exhibits but after all it is a steam rally.pirat

calimods

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Netley Marsh  Empty This old chestnut

Post  Steve Traill Mon 25 Jul 2016, 5:48 pm

The big engine owners think the miniatures are a bl**dy nuisance getting in there way, the Miniature engine owners look down on the spit bangs as a waste of rally space, the Spit bang owners just mutter amongst them selves and everyone thinks there are too many tractors!

There are a few exceptions to this though!!!
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Mon 25 Jul 2016, 10:34 pm

Steve Traill wrote: and everyone thinks there are too many tractors!

Well presumably not the tractor folks.........never have enough tractors Laughing Laughing Laughing

To be fair I like it all as it makes for a good mixed rally for the public, I hope the full size dont feel we/I are a nuisance, in fact I was talking to the owner of a full size scenic a couple of weekends ago who loved the miniatures, as he said they are much more approachable than something thats the size of a small bungalow Laughing
It just seems some rallys act a little odd when it comes to numbers, but hey its their rally, so they can do what they want really, its not like I've been short on Rallys to attend this year Laughing Laughing Laughing

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum