Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foden Lorry kit 27

Go down

Foden Lorry kit 27 Empty Foden Lorry kit 27

Post  burrell1 Fri 17 Apr 2015, 6:50 pm

I received a telephone call this morning from Isabel to tell me that Kit 28 for the 6” Foden Lorry would be dispatch today.  This was followed this afternoon by a text from Interlink Express to tell me that they would be delivering my kit next Monday.  I am looking forward to receiving this kit as it contains the replacement globe valves.  This will only leave us three kits to go before we have everything we need in order to complete our lorries except for option extras.

Bill

burrell1

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Foden Lorry kit 27 Empty Kit 27 has arrived

Post  burrell1 Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:39 pm

My Kit 27 arrived at lunch time today.  This looks like an being an interesting kit as there a lot of building to be done.  The kit contains the Water Gauge, Check valves, Fire box door with surround, and the Ashpan.  The water gauge when constructed is going to look special as it is a proper reflex gauge.  Also included with this kit are the three replacement globe valves.  If anybody is interested the internal measurements of the ashpan tray are about 12 inches square, so we are going to have plenty of room for a good fire!

Bill

Foden Lorry kit 27 Img_8710

Foden Lorry kit 27 Img_8711

burrell1

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down