Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gordon Ramsey eat your F*****G heart out!!!!!

+2
Kevster
highpressure
6 posters

Go down

Gordon Ramsey eat your F*****G heart out!!!!! Empty Gordon Ramsey eat your F*****G heart out!!!!!

Post  highpressure Sat 02 Aug 2014, 6:28 pm

Finally got my AGA cook pot to try out this weekend. Due to a slight change in plans I have prepped the meal this evening and put in the fridge with the aim of whacking in the front end first thing tomorrow to hopefully eat at lunch time?? Decided to go all out and have done chicken and bacon hot pot with leek and veg and potato topping. It is a 1.4L version from ebay as per Tim Watsons. Put a layer of tin foil over the grub and then loosely wired the lid down to hopefully stop it spilling. I will report on the success or otherwise after the event.

Gordon Ramsey eat your F*****G heart out!!!!! Img_0313

Gordon Ramsey eat your F*****G heart out!!!!! Img_0314
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Gordon Ramsey eat your F*****G heart out!!!!! Empty Re: Gordon Ramsey eat your F*****G heart out!!!!!

Post  Kevster Sun 03 Aug 2014, 8:51 am

Looking good Kev
That will taste better than anything ramsey could knock up .
Are you going to do a smokebox cookbook?

Kev
Kevster
Kevster

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Gordon Ramsey eat your F*****G heart out!!!!! Empty Re: Gordon Ramsey eat your F*****G heart out!!!!!

Post  Tim Watson Sun 03 Aug 2014, 9:23 am

Kev
The link below has info on cooking with foil wrapping.
http://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?p=186084&highlight=Cooking+Tim+Watson#post186084
It was published in Steaming last summer.
We need to update it now there are good sized cast iron pans to cook in. I haven't find leakage at the lid to be a problem, but that may be determined by the hills you go up and down. I have found that 'Frederick' cooks a lot more gently than 'Madeline', probably because of the substantially bigger smokebox.

Tim
Tim Watson
Tim Watson

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Mon 04 Aug 2014, 8:32 pm

It was a lovely meal!! The standards have really improved from ropey tuna sarnies at my first few events to a really tasty feast! The smell was driving people nuts by 10 am!! I think it went in a bit early, probably would have been fine for 11.30 to eat at 1 - 1.30. I took it out before we went into the arena at 12.30 and after the pulling demo it was just as well!! It would have been charcoal. It had dried out quite a bit but it kept warm for well over an hour in a towel whilst we messed about in the ring. Considering a beef casserole probably put together on the Friday to marinade a bit. Will really need to get a range of options though, adds a whole new dimension to a rally now, what with the bacon rolls on the spade, tea from the kettle, now the pot, I might have to come up with a new name!!!

Gordon Ramsey eat your F*****G heart out!!!!! Img_0410
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian M Mon 04 Aug 2014, 9:48 pm

highpressure wrote:It was a lovely meal!! The standards have really improved from ropey tuna sarnies at my first few events to a really tasty feast! The smell was driving people nuts by 10 am!! I think it went in a bit early, probably would have been fine for 11.30 to eat at 1 - 1.30. I took it out before we went into the arena at 12.30 and after the pulling demo it was just as well!! It would have been charcoal. It had dried out quite a bit but it kept warm for well over an hour in a towel whilst we messed about in the ring. Considering a beef casserole probably put together on the Friday to marinade a bit. Will really need to get a range of options though, adds a whole new dimension to a rally now, what with the bacon rolls on the spade, tea from the kettle, now the pot, I might have to come up with a new name!!!

Gordon Ramsey eat your F*****G heart out!!!!! Img_0410

Yea... meals on wheels!!  Very Happy 
Brian M
Brian M

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Watson Mon 04 Aug 2014, 10:13 pm

How about:
The AGA Khan?

Tim
Tim Watson
Tim Watson

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Tue 12 Aug 2014, 12:14 pm

Nice one Kev, good job you weren't going up our little hill with that in the front, it would have been a lot worse, could have got sucked up into Razz  the chimney base.
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  mikero Tue 12 Aug 2014, 5:18 pm

Can we have a 'cook-off' at Dorset? I don't mind judging.

Mike
mikero
mikero

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down