Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bassingstoke Miniature Steam Rally weekend

+3
highpressure
the coleman
LiveSteam
7 posters

Go down

Bassingstoke Miniature Steam Rally weekend Empty Bassingstoke Miniature Steam Rally weekend

Post  LiveSteam Mon 14 Apr 2014, 9:20 pm

Wow what a weekend, I was only able to make the Saturday which while the weather was nice I think Sunday must have been a scorcher  Cool 

I made my acquaintance with Kev and Andy along with many other friendly folks, I must thank Kev for all his patience with me hanging about and lurking nearby asking many questions and just generally oggling his and Andys lovely engines.

I also got chatting to some other folks from Harrow and Wembly group who kindly pointed me in the direction of an engine which is for sale which I may end up with in the future .......watch this space  Wink 

Anyhow heres a few photos from the Saturday, I have a couple of hours of video which needs editing up which I'll lob up in due course.

Bassingstoke Miniature Steam Rally weekend DSC02466

Bassingstoke Miniature Steam Rally weekend DSC02467

Bassingstoke Miniature Steam Rally weekend DSC02468

Bassingstoke Miniature Steam Rally weekend DSC02471

Bassingstoke Miniature Steam Rally weekend DSC02472

Bassingstoke Miniature Steam Rally weekend DSC02469

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Bassingstoke Miniature Steam Rally weekend Empty Re: Bassingstoke Miniature Steam Rally weekend

Post  the coleman Wed 16 Apr 2014, 7:30 pm

Any chance of any video's ..
the coleman
the coleman

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Bassingstoke Miniature Steam Rally weekend Empty Re: Bassingstoke Miniature Steam Rally weekend

Post  LiveSteam Wed 16 Apr 2014, 9:51 pm

The current nice weather and work  Rolling Eyes  is making being sat in a dark room in front of the editing PC for several hours not very appealing  Embarassed 

The word is Sunday is going to be fairly poor, weather wise  Wink  so all being well I'll see what I can knock down, although the few bits I have looked at so far the sound tracks going to be a right pain to sort out, due to someone organ music nearby  Laughing 
I'm also not fully au fait with this fairly new GoPro cam that I was using on the day and forget how close I need to get to things as its really more of a POV cam but I should get something useable out of it  Wink 

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Sat 19 Apr 2014, 9:24 pm

OK then heres my efforts from the day, the road run was particularly enjoyable.

highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hartshaulage Sat 19 Apr 2014, 9:53 pm

Cracking video, Andy's engine looks like its bedded in nicely, One day when the Foden is done id like to try get to this rally
hartshaulage
hartshaulage

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2014-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  mikero Sat 19 Apr 2014, 10:05 pm

Brilliant Kev, it appears STW is taking over the world.

Mike
mikero
mikero

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post  the coleman Sat 19 Apr 2014, 10:33 pm

Nicey put together kev .
the coleman
the coleman

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony King Sun 20 Apr 2014, 3:46 pm

Excellent video Kev, really enjoyed watching it! Superb collection of engines & enthusiasts.

Have to say all the engines looked very clean & shiny, so I'm beginning to think all this "crud & mess" business talked by everyone is just to scare me off lighting a fire!!  Very Happy 

Particularly liked the engines going out on road run & your engine at the end on "tick over"... beautiful.

Regards,
Tony

Tony King

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Sun 20 Apr 2014, 3:53 pm

Heres my one, although I was only there on the Saturday so its fairly short, and its sort of ended up turning into the Kev and Andy show  Embarassed 

It should be able to run full screen if you so wish as it was recorded in Full HD but I dropped it to 720 to keep the file size managable.

Apologies for some dodgy camera work but I'm still learing on using a camera that hasnt got a view finder  Laughing and its really more useful as a POV camera than distant stuff but I dont think it did too bad for its second outing, I still need to fine tune the resolutions really but its not too shabby.

Enjoy  Cool 

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Sun 20 Apr 2014, 5:55 pm

Nice videos

I am guessing gopro? If so get the phone app and you can have a view finder.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Sun 20 Apr 2014, 8:19 pm

lynnr wrote:Nice videos

I am guessing gopro?  If so get the phone app and you can have a view finder.

Yep its a gopro, I would get the app if I didnt have a "steam powered" phone  Embarassed sadly my vintage HTC is stuck in the dark ages of Android 2.2 and the app wont run on it even if you hack the run level of the app  Crying or Very sad 

I'm still getting use to the crazy viewing angle which means its great at getting everything in close up say as a Drivers eye view but not so useful when working at a distance, think I'll end up using it more for insert work or as a second camera for stuff.

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Mon 21 Apr 2014, 6:18 am

I use the gopro and find very good. It is as you say designed for POV work but also works very well "ona stick"

I will be putting a fixture on Crystal to mount a drivers eye view, possibly with a "head hanging out the side" viewpoint.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Mon 21 Apr 2014, 9:55 am

lynnr wrote:I use the gopro and find very good. It is as you say designed for POV work but also works very well "ona stick"

I will be putting a fixture on Crystal to mount a drivers eye view, possibly with a "head hanging out the side" viewpoint.

Excellent idea , I had it on a medium sized gorilla tripod which when folded down was like having it on a small stick. I'm looking about currently for a telescopic pole for overhead shots, I might end up with a folding walking stick, at least it can be used as a walking stick as well, not that I need one........yet  Laughing 

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down