Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engines for Shows

+2
highpressure
Steam Traction World
6 posters

Go down

Engines for Shows  Empty Engines for Shows

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 30 May 2013, 10:08 am

Hi All,

We were hoping that during this seasons rallies we would have both my Showman's engine and Steve's Road Loco finished and ready to display on our stand, however, due to circumstances beyond Steve Traill's control this is not now likely to be the case.

After the last 3 years hard work it is really important for us to build on the initial batch and show everyone what we have been able to produce and hopefully then start an order book for another batch later in the year.

I know this is a bit cheeky but.............

Would any one be happy to lend us their engine for any one of the shows listed below? If the owner would like to then join us for the week/weekend for that particular show to ensure everything is safe and they are comfortable about it then this would be fine. (food and beer provided!!!!!).

Ideally we would love to show the following engines:

Burrell Showman's
Burrell Road Loco
Foden C Type

Shows we hope to be attending (subject to booking acceptance)

Weeting 19th - 21st July
Welland 26th - 28th July
Pickering 1st - 4th August
Dorset 28th August - 1st September (Tim Watson Showman's already agreed)
Old Warden 13th - 15th September

Additional to this we are probably going to try and find a new event on the weekend of 10th & 11th August....only one we can currently find is Astle Park, Cheshire so if any knows if this is any good then your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dean & Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Engines for Shows  Empty Re: Engines for Shows

Post  highpressure Thu 30 May 2013, 12:48 pm

If it meant getting into Bedford before I have a: been accepted or b: turned down then I wouldn't mind that one but I would like to have the opportunity perhaps to have one of the days in steam if someone else wanted to give there engine in place, say perhaps on the Sunday for me to have a run round. I believe it starts on the Friday so I would aim to get there either early Friday or on Thursday pm. There is also the possibility of being in steam on the stand, although that does then involve more attending to the engine rather than just kicking back and chilling Cool Cool
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Thu 30 May 2013, 4:33 pm

Guys

You could have Blackbeard for Pickering but no governor will be fitted as I do not plan to have one on, also you would have to collect from our house a couple of weeks before as we would not be back from Cornwall until the Tuesday before Pickering.

Regarding Bedford, I may end up with Blackbeard there too. So a) put mine in the stand and let Kevin steam around or b) but Kevin's on the stand and he can steam mine around Cool

Brian
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecter Thu 30 May 2013, 6:30 pm

If only our c type was further along in the build, maybe if the problem came up next year

Hecter

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2013-02-13

Back to top Go down

Engines for Shows  Empty Welland Show

Post  Revolving Thu 30 May 2013, 8:00 pm

Very welcome to use the 6" C Type for Welland. I live just down the road from the site. Unfortunately I do not have a trailer to get it there.

Steve Dawes
Welland

Revolving

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Rickster Thu 30 May 2013, 9:53 pm

Hi Dean/Steve,

You can have my road loco, wagon and water cart for GDSF if you want as I won't be around.

Rick

Rickster

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down