Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chatham Dockyard festival of Steam and Transport

2 posters

Go down

Chatham Dockyard festival of Steam and Transport Empty Chatham Dockyard festival of Steam and Transport

Post  Rickster Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:14 pm

Is anyone going besides me on 31st and 1st April? This will be my first rally with my Road Loco, so I hope the weather improves !

cheers

Rick

Rickster

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Chatham Dockyard festival of Steam and Transport Empty Re: Chatham Dockyard festival of Steam and Transport

Post  highpressure Wed 13 Mar 2013, 3:35 pm

After quite a long consideration I have decided not to attend this year despite having an invite. There are a few reasons but the main one is the fact they even as an exhibitor they want to charge me an entry fee as they only give out two passes. As the event is about steam and without exhibitors they wont have much of a display they still wouldnt budge so I have made a stand, secondly they are quite particular about placing the support vehicle and insisting that there is no movement before the closing time of 6pm which combined with a 2 hour return drive means a long day. Finally there wasnt much scope to run around last year and being static is quite monotonous so with all things considered it was a no go. More informal gatherings are more appealing.

I have to say I wanted to attend something over the long weekend but it looks like either a steam up here on my own or decorating!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I'm sure you'll enjoy it Rick and I would have like to have had the two engines together, perhaps later in the year.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down