Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit)

+10
Tony King
chop
Robfishman
Vapor
Kevster
Graeme81
craig@STW
highpressure
Steam Traction World
lynnr
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit) - Page 3 Empty mikes road loco

Post  tractor mike Wed 21 Mar 2012, 8:28 pm

hi dean thats great news thank u, hope al is well many thanx mike
tractor mike
tractor mike

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2012-01-29

Back to top Go down

What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit) - Page 3 Empty Re: What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit)

Post  Graeme81 Mon 23 Apr 2012, 7:49 pm

hi Craig any pics of the next kit?
Graeme81
Graeme81

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit) - Page 3 Empty Re: What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit)

Post  Rickster Wed 02 May 2012, 7:05 pm

Hi STW,

No news on the next kit? It's gone decidedly quiet on the update front over the past few months - not even a reply to requests................. has a bomb gone off in Daventry ?

We're all still chomping at the bit to see what's coming... be good to get some pics up and an update so to when we can expect flywheels, the RHS drive casting and when we can get the plugs for those mere mortals of us who haven't made/bought any to allow us to run on air ?

we await eagerly any response ............

cheers

Rick

Rickster

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Wed 02 May 2012, 8:09 pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry about the delay in replying, I did put something in the DCC section at the beginning of April explaining that updates may be a bit slow as Craig (and Mark) are exceptionally busy currently as we have 9500+ parts to manufacture this month just to get the DCC kit out (that doesnt include the parts we need to make for the Burrell single 4", 2" plus what we are trying to do on the 6" Foden).

Craig tends to take photo's during his normal working day but then does tend to add them to the forum on an evening during his own family time. This isn't something he gets paid for, it's something he does to help out and give everyone an insight in to what is happening on the shop floor currently. I'm certain Craig has taken a load of photo's as i spoke to him about it recently and as soon as he gets 5 minutes he'll give you all an update.

We all do our very best to answer questions/emails etc as quickly as we can but in reality its making the bits that gets us paid and keeps everyone happy as we then don't miss despatch dates. The forum is a fantastic tool which we are really pleased we introduced however there is only so many hours in the month and there are bound to be times where we have no option but to focus solely on producing the bits.

We never intentionally leave a post on the forum unanswered, what tends to happen is we all see it at home on an evening and by the time we go in next morning we've forgotten about it. That's one of the reasons its much better with something urgent to email us as it will be shown on the PC next morning as unread.

With regards to the flywheel etc, as soon as we know anything you guys (and girls) will be the first to know, we will make it a priority to find the time to add that to the forum as we realise a few of you are chomping at the bit and are desperate to get finished. There isn't really much more we know at present other than the current kit isn't a million miles from being completed. As a best guess I'd say it'll be another 10 days. The control model is going together nicely and most of the production is done, however we are still waiting delivery of a couple of..................................yes you guessed it......castings!! Luckily though these are due in on Friday i believe.

I'll see if we can get some pics ASAP.

All the best

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Rickster Wed 02 May 2012, 8:57 pm

Hi Dean,

Yeah sorry,I was sounding a bit bolshy there. Thanks for the info..... interestingly Mark alias Chop ran his engine on air without the flywheel. The video on you tube is really good. If we had the washout plugs (i believe these are tapered?) then we we could pretty much follow suit, compressor allowing.

Do you knowif they will be in the next kit ?

cheers

Rick

Rickster

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Wed 02 May 2012, 10:13 pm

WOW...9500+ parts for the DCC kits and everything else as well......that will also take some time to package and get in all the right boxes for despatch.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 03 May 2012, 8:59 am

Hi Rick,

I believe the wash out plugs are in this kit. Steve & I spent the majority of yesterday interviewing candidates for our apprentice position (Alan Sugar watch out!!! Very Happy ) and i'm sure i saw blanking plug type things on one of the lathes as i was showing the hopeful applicants around.

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Rickster Thu 03 May 2012, 6:29 pm

Yeeeeaaaaaaa cheers cheers cheers cheers

Thanks Dean

Cheers

Rick

Rickster

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Fri 04 May 2012, 12:05 am

Steam Traction World wrote:Hi Rick,

I believe the wash out plugs are in this kit. Steve & I spent the majority of yesterday interviewing candidates for our apprentice position (Alan Sugar watch out!!! Very Happy ) and i'm sure i saw blanking plug type things on one of the lathes as i was showing the hopeful applicants around.

Dean

Did you check they make a good cup of tea Dean, a vital part of any apprentices early duties, at least it was in my day.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3